Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irreligious countries and ****.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

*Knock* *Knock*

Anyone there, this is almost becoming my personal soapbox and I feel awful about that.

So I'm just going to post a chooon and leave it that, yo. :(

The ball is your court folks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Thanks Condra,
    *Hugs*

So I signed up for a VOAT. Don't know what a VOAT is? Allow me to explain.
    Verily thee it was said that once upon a time in a forum full of creativity and passion. A group of wise and merry, men,women and probably children, created a tournament. This was not a tournament that determined the fate of the 9 Earth Realms. If anything, this tournament was in spirit much more competitive that tournament. Unlike the realm's tournaments though, this one was proposed as a means to share ideas and to have fun. There is the unfortunate association of the tournament with a myriad of keyboard, easel and pen abuse, but those cries for help usually go unnoticed and keys continuously get whacked down ever harder while the person typing them struggles to keep their eyes open and one by one, each, single, key-stroke, becomes heavier and more violent than the last. The poor keyboard! I must sleep now and I must resist the temptation to scream out for for Strabby and Stroby. I miss you guys and wish you the best. I shall leave my keyboard with some peace and time to recover before the next abuse begins.

Oooh yeah music.
    Well it was LOTR last weekend so. . .

Two things :
    Howard Shore : Genius!
    I shall be back again. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

New "Hobbit" trailer released last week:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Speaking through the tinted glasses of the dawn of a weekend jam packed with contemplations on a sustained period of sobriety during the said temporal interlude while simultaneously & oh so scurrilously obfuscating all restrictive contemplation in relation to the proprietary candour associated with the 5 shot minimum required for posting, I'll just say this:

What a thread :cool: It's all the half-written & deleted 5am messages that constitute the brunt of the shunt of this cyber ball of thread, coincidentally encapsulated in the moments after the highest C of the following song:

(Play that on guitar, I dare you...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Scubadily bop bop doo boo be bop...

A sentiment everyone understands, I'm sure...

But still, what if the scubadily bop boo boped when it should of skiddaliy booped?

These are they questions that haunt my unrelenting dreams!

Also,

you couldnt even believe

From amongst the zeniths of emotional & psychological spirituality on to the depths of psychological discord in seven days - crazy such things can occur & then end with an aetherial oestrogen-filled phoenix emerging 'twixt the embers of such unforgotten non-lore... But no, I can't remember my dreams except for the few from my childhood so for all I know they psychoanalytically skiddaliy boop off me onto mars :(

So good, still!

Sponsored!
    *Hugs*

Anyone seen one of those things they call 'souls' around the place. Apparently they break free and roam the Earth on this day. So a tune needs to follow up my post, what to choose? Why? This awesome house of course.

Happy Hallo'ween Y'all.

*hugs!*

I swear I seen at most one soul this week, but as you've predicted in your reply it just broke away on this day (bit of word play shenanigan's going on there, with the double entendre in the use of the word day n'all, oh yes being a maniac has it's blessings when you ignore it's curses...).

A song, for the deaf:

edit: Sorry but I'd never forgive myself if I didn't find some way to do something with this song other than listen considering the douobhle day engteondrde that's in it:

Ahh Cheer up bud we all love you here.
    I got some SClub for ya. The words are all for you bud. :)

Even more SClub.

And some more..

*runs*

• Advertisement

Ah for feck sakes. Once again Stroby leaves me dry by deleting his posts and now my SClub mix makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I feel embarrassed by all of this.
    *Shakes fist at Strobe*
    (No harm but the guy had actually posted some good choices of music.:()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

strobe wrote: »

I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THAT VIDEO OBSESSIVELY FOR MONTHS! <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Jernal wrote: »
    Sponsored!
    *Hugs*

Anyone seen one of those things they call 'souls' around the place. Apparently they break free and roam the Earth on this day. So a tune needs to follow up my post, what to choose? Why? This awesome house of course.

Happy Hallo'ween Y'all.

Pah:-( Raging I missed this for halloween! Just went to post it 2 my eldest anyway and that stupid effin anti-abortion ad came up, so I didn't. Still, great house :cool:

There's no day in it as far as I know but this is just because Eugene Hutz is a fine figure of a man. How do you embed a youtube vid here? One way to find out....

http://youtu.be/p_81l4DXlwM

Damn, no pic. ....and again:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p_81l4DXlwM&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Feck.

[IMG]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p_81l4DXlwM&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/IMG]

****ehawks. Um....? Help? Anyone out there?

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

You take the highlighted part of the url for the video and put it between the YouTube tags.

[noparse]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[/noparse]p_81l4DXlwM

[noparse][/noparse]

If you can read this, you're too close!

It has come to my attention, though I do not quite understand how, that this thread has been inactive in over a month. Strabogolis and Strobey appear to have deserted us! :( It is of course not the conduct of A&A to leave folks behind. We shall search high, and preferably higher, for them. Then if we fail, we might search low but most probably we'll just cut our losses. In any cases. Strabogolis, Strobey and others who we have appear to have temporarily lost through the aeons of internet time our Brothers and Sisters.
    This is for you.

The past month I've been so preoccupied with the analytic continuation of what is now nearly a year & a half of a chase (with a brief respite that ended the last day I posted here :p) to it's failed culmination (this week :() that I've neglected that, such as this thread, which really matters... Never again :cool:

The only words I have for the youth of today are:
    Never dream...

http://archive.org/details/openmind_ep790

Obliq wrote: »

I swear to the stars that I've heard the melody in that song before (specifically the melody between 1.14 & 1.16), definitely in a Green Day song or somewhere like that, anybody know?

• Advertisement

Is it such a crime to tell you you're beautiful, let alone to climb a wall?

Is it such a crime to tell you you're beautiful, let alone to climb a wall?

Are you writing a song? :)

I like this thread. I may hang out here peaceably but ineffectually trying to indoctrinate ye all into my righteous taste in music. Here's an unseasonable tune with a great video, that should introduce ye who are unsaved to the process of devolution.

:D

.....and peaches for xmas - because I like to give presents. Have a good one ye all ;)

Verily upon thee on this blessed day, the day of the sword-wielding peacemaker's birth, my Gogol Bordello song has resurrected itself:

I think Peaches knows me a little too well :(

Oh cool, you found the song then :-) Can't listen to it cos Linux has bolloxed up my speaker set up again. Never mind - when my eldest gets back he'll sort it out. Have a fab day - glad you like peaches :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Did someone say "peaches"?
    Merry Xmas my heathen brother and sisters may you have a safe and beautiful one. :D

• Advertisement

Dammit, I love BBC 6. Why do we have no decent radio stations on satellite in Ireland? Currently playing Dead Kennedy's - California Uber Alles.

Damn, this never goes well for me. Not registering I posted a link at all, never mind the actual clip...sigh.
    Hmm, there's hope yet. It's left a youtube shaped box with nothing in it. This has happened before and then something appeared when I wasn't looking. Probably a sign from a god or sommat.

Ps. The graphics remind me of my son's efforts, age 6. I like it.

Advertisement