Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(PC) Anyone else having problems starting BF3?

Options
  • 29-12-2012 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Howrye lads and ladies , I've been having a couple of problems lately starting up Battlefield 3 through Battlelog/Origin , And a lot more people are getting similar problems since the release of Aftermath and Armored Kill - http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654348060756005/1/

So About ... 2 months ago at most? Battlefield 3 won't start , It says in the pop-up box (in the bottom left hand corner of Battlelog Server Browser) as it usually does : "Connecting To Server" and "Launching Battlefield 3" Then the Origin window which is meant to come up , comes up , syncing with the Cloud Storage and Launching game , but after that window disappears , and when usually you'd have Battlefield 3 coming up on your screen , nothing happens from this point on! So I tried repairing through origin , reinstalling origin , re-downloading/installing battlefield 3 (which took forever with our sh**ty Irish internet in most parts of Ireland) , I tried editing the Regedit for BF3 , I've tried EVERYTHING anyones suggested , including some EA people , and still nothing? I waited for the next few updates but nothing has happened , was gonna buy Premium for Xmas but unless this can be fixed soon I'll spend my money elsewhere , any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Zed.

PS. - It's a Russian Key if that makes any difference, (cheaper) which I got from http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/ - Which I've been told by many people is trustworthy and secure , and besides Battlefield has been working perfectly since I got it in June for my birthday. I have to use a language changer for each DLC the game gets but its safe , so if that could have anything to do with it , that sucks , but I dont think it does.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Downloaded the plugin again?

Try a different browser if you cant force it to download again.

Install Chrome/Firefox and it will download the plugin again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Zedrayas

I'll get firefox and see what happens, lets hope your right but to be honest I dont think this'll work , I'll tell you when I've done it!

Didnt work mate , thanks for the suggestion though.
    (It started bf3.exe in task manager processes , as it did with chrome , but after maybe 10 seconds disappeared..)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Everyone was having issues yesterday, countless threads on the forums.
    Havent checked today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Zedrayas

Dcully wrote: »
    Everyone was having issues yesterday, countless threads on the forums.
    Havent checked today.

Yes I've heard but I've been having this problem for weeks and weeks now. :/

Advertisement