Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patience Required

Options
  • 18-12-2012 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

:D

Bit of a mad idea but if you had the time and patience would ye fancy backing small odds during live events such as 1/7 prices with 5 mins left in a soccer.

obviously this is going to take a while but today i started doing this and im up 15 euro having started at 2..

opinions welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Late game 1/7 get overturned a lot in football - even with just 2 minutes left. That recent Crewe game for example. Also, Man City last season

You are almost a dead cert to hit one bump on the road, and lose everything, at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,407 ✭✭✭✭kippy

tinodz wrote: »
    Late game 1/7 get overturned a lot in football - even with just 2 minutes left. That recent Crewe game for example. Also, Man City last season

You are almost a dead cert to hit one bump on the road, and lose everything, at some point.

This is it essentially.
    All you need is one loss to wipe out any gains you made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Trust me, I've tried it countless times. No matter how easy you think it is to pick 1/10 "dead certs", you'll always come across a loser eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Canyon86 wrote: »

Bit of a mad idea but if you had the time and patience would ye fancy backing small odds during live events such as 1/7 prices with 5 mins left in a soccer.

obviously this is going to take a while but today i started doing this and im up 15 euro having started at 2..

opinions welcome

I don't get it. What's your edge? You know that they are not all going to win right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Its seems as though you've found the holy grail ive been looking for a sure fire system for 20 years how much do I owe you for this?

• Advertisement

........... would ye fancy backing small odds during live events such as 1/7 prices with 5 mins left in a soccer...........

opinions welcome

I'd see small odds in running as having much the same chance as small odds before an event :) Rarely value and statistically no doubt just as many are beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

opinions welcome

You will win and you will go on a roll, but it only takes one or two losers and you are back to square one. I worked in a bookies and punters with this attitude were regarded as golddust, their was one or two who won overall but in the grand scheme of things they were a very and I mean very small percentage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Trust me, I've tried it countless times. No matter how easy you think it is to pick 1/10 "dead certs", you'll always come across a loser eventually.

spot on pal...................... i spent the last year doing this technique along with others, i closed my pp acc 3 months ago and boylesports one 2 weeks ago...................... haven't gambled in 10 days including the lotto...............................u always end up loosing dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

There is always a loser.

Think about it, if you only backed 1\7 shots you'd need to be getting 7 out of 8 bets correct just to break even. Furthermore, the bookies will have factored in their cut making it probable that you will need to get over 90% of your selections correct just to start making a very modest profit.

Practically impossible, even at those odds.

Advertisement