Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" Christmassy Christmas Thread

• 04-12-2012 2:32pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭

231358.png

C+H Christmassy Thread 2012!

I've tried to avoid it.

I've tried to bury my head in the sandsnow.

But I can't hide any more.

Christmas is coming! :D:D

I heard this song on the radio yesterday, and after I stopped shouting "NOOOOOOOO!!!", I got quite cheery about it. :P

So yeah, Christmas related stuff goes here.

And to steal Pigwidgeon's warning from last year: NO GRINCHES ALLOWED!*

*I best be leaving then...

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

30879481.jpg

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Could have at least gone with
    Dashing+Through+The+No_39296e_4244218.jpg

They lit the tree in Trinity yesterday, the chemistry labs have their 'tree' up, and they're got all the decorations in my building ready to go, I've got way too much work to be thinking about Christmas but there's such a great atmosphere this year I can't help it!

This is the chemistry tree, it's a bunch of round bottomed flasks filled with different solutions clamped around a retort stand, they put it up every year, it's my favorite Christmas things ever
    chemistrytree.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Really can't wait until my exams are over (not until the 21st :() and I can start to enjoy Christmas. As much as I complain about it, it's not too bad!:) Snow would be great this year (as long as I'm not going anywhere!:D).

That Chris Rea song 'Driving home for Christmas' always makes me tear up slightly too!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Lawliet wrote: »
    chemistrytree.jpg

This is truly awesome. :)
    video

That Chris Rea song 'Driving home for Christmas' always makes me tear up slightly!

OH NOES! TOO EARLY! TOOOO EARLY!!! :mad: :P

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    This is truly awesome. :)

OH NOES! TOO EARLY! TOOOO EARLY!!! :mad: :P
    It's never too early!:eek: Sure all my Christmas decorations have been up since February! Tis the season every season!:P I've stayed away from shops though, I don't understand how that music playing over and over and over doesn't make the staff want to murder everyone?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Waterford is so Christmassy this year with the new 'Winterval' thing they're bringing in, it's great! I found my collection of Christmas cds that will be wrecking everyone in my house's head from now til Christmas and the decorations are going up next week if everything goes to plan.

Also, my friend promised to go on the big Christmas carousel thing with me this week :):):)

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm so excited. Have most of my shopping done already. It's looking like my only proper day off will be Christmas day which sucks. I'm off college next week and will be straight into crazyness in work. The only day we're closed is Christmas day.

I still can't wait though, we put up our tree last night and I'm going to decorate the kitchen in work tomorrow while my boss is away :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm doing my least favourite thing about Christmas right now... Shopping. (well, I'm browsing loads of sites trying to decide what to get people, if that counts as shopping :P).

I never know what to get people, it's so stressful! :(

But I'm well chuffed with the books I've found for my sister on BookDepository, so that'll keep me happy for a while as I try and find stuff for everyone else. :P

I'm doing my least favourite thing about Christmas right now... Shopping. (well, I'm browsing loads of sites trying to decide what to get people, if that counts as shopping :P).

I never know what to get people, it's so stressful! :(

But I'm well chuffed with the books I've found for my sister on BookDepository, so that'll keep me happy for a while as I try and find stuff for everyone else. :P

Ugh, I hate shopping as it is, Christmas is torture for me, trying to figure out what people would like. I don't do surprises anymore.:P I feel it's better to get them something they want then surprise them with something they don't. 'What do you want for Christmas x?' 'I dunno' Argh! Just tell me, anything!:pac: Worse thing is I'm just as bad, I can't think of anything to ask for this Christmas!:o It's great that I have friends who love books like your sister though, they love getting book vouchers because they never stop getting books!:D

Doing christmas shopping online is the way to go. Town is a nightmare already!

• Advertisement

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Doing christmas shopping online is the way to go. Town is a nightmare already!

I'm doing everything online.

God bless the O2 money card. :)

It's just so much easier, no crowds, no distractions and straight to your door! I ordered my friend a calender made up of meme's. Including several of tard the grumpy cat. Can't wait to get it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

I remember seeing this on tv a few Christmases ago, definitely my favorite X-Mas ad ever.

I remember seeing this on tv a few Christmases ago, definitely my favorite X-Mas ad ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfiqrkV_ZqI

That's class! I've never actually seen that one before... (or if I have, I don't remember it :o)

Christ, while I was watching that ad, I began thinking of Christmas ads, and the controversial Meteor one came into my head. So I searched for it. And found it.

It was made in 2007?!?!!?! :eek: :eek:

Dear God I'm old!

I remember we had a massive debate about it in English class when it was out... didn't realise it was that long ago though!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

Surprised that someone hasn't mention the fact they've have seen the Coca Cola ad ALREADY, SIX TIMES!!!!!11!!1!!one!!q!1

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Our Christmas decorations went up today so the house is looking and smelling all Christmassy and twinkly. I'm not a massive lover of Christmas in reality, I much prefer the idea of it, but I do love decorating the tree!

I'm looking forward to Christmas this year, I think it'll be a good one. Spending it in the company of some extended family and a 3 and 4 year old will undoutedly add to the insanity fun! Christmas is always a time to reflect on things and this year has been very good to me overall, despite a number of downs, so I'm happy about that.

This is my favourite 'alternative' Christmas song this year. (Yes, I am shamelessly robbing it from the Spar Christmas ad, but it appeals to my indie sensibilities and they're actually a really good band!)

Also, Christmas time = opportunities for wintery photograpy! I didn't get a chance last year so I'm excited about that this year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

OMG I like that Christmas song (by the "Raveonettes" according to the video above :P ) and when I heard it on the Spar ad yesterday I couldn't place where I knew it from!... I'm just after realising that it's from the movie "Christmas with the Kranks"! :P I love that movie, my family watch it every Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Finished college for Term 1, passed my exams (so far), it's cold, there's a fire on, Christmas movies are on RTÉ.. It's beginning to feel a lot like a great Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

There's this Christmas train thing in Waterford that goes all around town and it is possibly the coolest thing I have ever seen! I reeeeally wanna go on it, and I've decided to bring my boyfriend ice skating.

I love this time of year so much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rlsniper789

So close, only 9 days to go! :D

• Advertisement

So close, only 9 days to go! :D

This has to be the most infectious Christmas song ever! I logged on here this morning, and saw there'd been new posts in this thread. As I was clicking on the thread to read it, I began singing the title...

The song's been stuck in my head since!

I've been randomly bursting into song all day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Mum asked me today what I wanted this year. For a few years now I haven't really wanted anything. I said if she absolutely haddd to get something she could try to locate some Bruce Springsteen tickets. I guess I'd be cool with that. But yeah in general I'd just be happy for everyone to have a good Christmas kinda thing! I feel all old thinking like that, but it's kinda nice too... Hmm...

Also, all the love for Christmas FM!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I made a quick jokey seasonal remix song to get all y'all in the mood for some Christmassy lovin'.

https://soundcloud.com/oniadh/and-the-elves-made-love

I made a quick jokey seasonal remix song to get all y'all in the mood for some Christmassy lovin'make sure I win the Most Creative Poster Award.

https://soundcloud.com/oniadh/and-the-elves-made-love

FYP ;)

I like it a lot though, and I don't know why. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

FYP ;)

I like it a lot though, and I don't know why. :P

There's an award? I'm going to win an award? I'm going to meet Burt Ward?

I got six packages in the post this morning. :D

Granted, five of them were books, but still! :P

An unexpected surprise though, I got £240 worth of wine vouchers from the Book Depository.... methinks it'll be a very, very merrry Christmas this year.... :pac:

EDIT: AHHHH! I got a free pack of Haribo with my Qwertee T-shirt!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Seen the Guinness ad on T.V

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I put up the Christmas tree yesterday. It stabbed me. Twice. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Been Carol singing in the shopping centre for charity,
    Spent ridiculous amounts of money,
    Helped with SVP hampers,
    Have a bag-pack this weekend.

Yes, this is Christmas! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Had a major Christmas day yesterday :D Show jumping in full Christmas attire and nom nom food in the pub after

ILY you Christmas. ILY you. You complete my life

Advertisement