Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues: 2012 Activity and Results

• 08-11-2012 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭

I thought this thread would be handy to keep track of this years activity and results, making this easier when it comes to sorting out next years leagues.

I also thought now would be a good time to take a snapshot of participation throughout the boards leagues and identify any inactive teams at this stage.

I'll post up the Premier Division status so could someone from each of the other leagues do likewise.

FF-1.jpg

Clondalkin Raiders are the only issue at this stage in this league, and with a 1-8 record are going to be relegated anyway but deserve to be pushed to the back of the queue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Only discovered the activity thing after seeing this thread, we've done a bit of complaining about activity in Division 7, but it turns out we're actually pretty active, just got a few lazy managers :P

KdQSV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Stress of taking a screen shot, the infamous Golf Bravos (who are doing very poorly) and Blue Bloods (who are doing well) have both been inactive since October 21. Everyone else has been active in November, even though a ton of people have made very few moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Division 5 Owners are all active. November 6th or higher....incredible actually. well done party people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

matthew8 wrote: »
    Stress of taking a screen shot, the infamous Golf Bravos (who are doing very poorly) and Blue Bloods (who are doing well) have both been inactive since October 21. Everyone else has been active in November, even though a ton of people have made very few moves.

e200666bd09e3daca5b4432f777c8e77.png?1352552805

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

2 inactive teams in D6

The Super Giants and Hells Kitchen.
    Neither team has made a single move, trade or roster change since day 1 and have been under control of the commish for a few weeks now.

Both owners have been contacted on Boards, but no responses.

• Advertisement

Question on relegation.
    Charter states promotion will be the top 4 teams in the playoffs, but doesn't specify relegation.

I'm assuming relegated teams will be the bottom four from playoffs also?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

6 teams go into the playoffs, 6 to the consolidation, the other 4 are relegated.

ah yes, there are 16 teams, not 12....d'oh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Guffy

So at this point would be good to know the total number of inactives around.

Premiere:1
    2nd:?
    3rd:?
    4th:?
    5th:0
    6th:2
    7th:0

• Registered Users Posts: 37,331 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

In Division 1, Leitrim Gaels hasn't logged on since November 8th and Dolfans hasn't logged on since November 9th.

Everybody else is fine.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    In Division 1, Leitrim Gaels hasn't logged on since November 8th and Dolfans hasn't logged on since November 9th.

Everybody else is fine.

Edit list when yer posting as well lads. Just be easier for an overview. As things stand an extra 4 from div 7 to be promoted and all playoff teams from div 6 and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

gufc21 wrote: »
    So at this point would be good to know the total number of inactives around.

Premiere:1
    1st: 2
    2nd:?
    4th: 2
    So what's the deal? Inactives all the way down to lowest division/gone altogether after this year?

They appear to be the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Premier:1
    1st:2
    2nd:0
    4th:2

I see I left a div out. Wow a lot of fantasy interest and dam all inactives good stuff. Out of curiosity anyone else from Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Here's an update on 7, I'd count the two who haven't been around since 18th of November and the one since 21st of November as inactive. But even at that, 3 inactive in the lowest division aint half bad ;)

yPumE.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Lionbacker wrote: »

Have checked activity and no probs in D2

Committed coaches, the best division in all of fantasy :cool:

The team with the least roster moves is getting the number 1 seed. Good draft, not inactivity. The Wildcats, Frisbee is the GM I think

14 out of 16 were at the draft, we've a good crew

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

No one from Division 3 has posted so

Limerick Kings haven't been active all season and the Snue Gliffers haven't been active since the end of Ocotber - other than that everyone seems to be pretty active.

3rd:2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I think we have to come up with a definitive period of absence that declares a player inactive. I saw above in division 7 that 2 players were put down as inactive cos their last activity was 18th & 21st November respectively. That means those players played up to week 11 and week 12 respectively and now being deemed inactive and kicked out of the league at end of season. I know its not a big issue for division 7 but what if that were the same for premier or division 1. Awful harsh to have to go all the way to bottom division next year after playing for 12 weeks of the year.

It should also be noted that activity is only updated if you make a roster move or a team change. As far as i know (and i'm open to correction on this) if you dont need to change your lineup from week to week the site will not update your activity date.

I'd be more inclined to let inactivity be decided by continually playing bye week players, IR players, basically players who should be dropped from your lineup if the owner was active. Players in each division know who the inactive players are.

• Advertisement

It should also be noted that activity is only updated if you make a roster move or a team change. As far as i know (and i'm open to correction on this) if you dont need to change your lineup from week to week the site will not update your activity date.

Yea. It happened to me last year. I was happy with my team and left it the same for 4/5 weeks straight and it looked like I was inactive for that period.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I think any team not making a roster change over a month is a strange thing. The odd team may have a good bench and not want to drop anyone but I see the vast majority of teams carrying far poorer players on their bench than what's available through claims but they never make the effort on Tuesday or Wednesday to put in a waiver claim.

Syferus wrote: »
    I think any team not making a roster change over a month is a strange thing. The odd team may have a good bench and not want to drop anyone but I see the vast majority of teams carrying far poorer players on their bench than what's available through claims but they never make the effort on Tuesday or Wednesday to put in a waiver claim.

Well my team was winning every match. No need to change it.

Won't be the case with the majority of other teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

That means those players played up to week 11 and week 12 respectively and now being deemed inactive and kicked out of the league at end of season.

They should message the commissioner or post on site to say they will be away and when they will be back. We sign up to play to the end, not to week 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Tristram wrote: »
    They should message the commissioner or post on site to say they will be away and when they will be back. We sign up to play to the end, not to week 11.

Who is to say they were away, all the site says is the last time they made a roster change or lineup change. They may have nothing to play for so dont see the point of making a waiver claim or changing their lineup if its the strongest one they have. Should they be punished for that, i dont think so

The first screenshot in this thread showed me inactive for 10 days (one day less than one of the "inactive " players in Div 7) Was i inactive? Hell no, im on every week checking scores but the site doesnt show it.

I'd be more inclined to get rid of players who field ineligible players than people who "appear" to be inactive for 2 weeks but we cant really prove it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Sorry, I misread your post earlier. I'd be all for making people post in their division thread once a week to show their active. It only takes 2 seconds.

I haven't been paying a lot of attention to the last login stat on the page.
    I've seen cases where a guy hasn't logged in or made any changes in a while, but he still had a very strong team out. I'm PM'd them on Boards instead to check before making any assumptions.

Saying that, we also have one case that's the opposite. Guy logs in once a week and changes one player, in spite of having 3 inactives in his starters and 3 good backups on his bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,331 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well my team was winning every match. No need to change it.

Won't be the case with the majority of other teams.
    How did you know your team was winning every game if you weren't logging in?

eagle eye wrote: »
    How did you know your team was winning every game if you weren't logging in?

I was logging in but not make any changes at all. It wasn't showing up on the site that I had been on it though. It would only have done that if I'd made a transfer or made a sub.

I was probably on it most days just to check out my players anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement