Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UT2 is being released today (Friday 23rd)

• 23-11-2012 10:29am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello!

Well, that first test round went very well, thank you all for your feedback and patience. We've listened intently to it all!
    We're releasing User Test 2 now with the most common complaints and suggestions fixed up! Here's the top things:

1. Load times shortened dramatically. Ok, we did a lot of work on the load times and put in a loading bar as requested. This is now considerably faster than before.... Like a quarter of the time it used to take on some devices :)

2. Control system. We streamlined the code to greatly increase the accuracy of taps and swipes. No more misinterpretation of tap/swipe/move/jump we hope. You should find it a lot more accurate now, particularly the iOS peeps, but android should see a decent improvement too. Please let us know!

3. New track. We have put out a lot more track so the run is more varied.

4. Faster top speed for you speed racers. Also it decelerates slower at the lower speeds so its easier to maintain a middling speed if you prefer to, you know, *live*.

Tons of little fixes and tweaks have been done. We're not finished but this is a stable build we thought fixed the top issues.

The next update will feature all the extras like intro, spruced up graphics and an ending, but for now do please give this second polish of game play a shot and tell us in the forum if it is an improvement.

We will be sending links to your email addresses as before. Apple folk will get the same notification as before. Android people will be getting a DropBox read-only link direct to the file this time. ETA: 11.30am

THANKS!!

Tom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Wossack

any 3gs love? :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sorry, 3gs, iPad1 and iP4 did not make this release, on the plus side, you wont have to wait for UT3 as we intend to push that separately and you will probably get the new graphics with it. Sorry, we just didnt have time. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 55,443 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

FYI the link in the dropbox email for this thread is broken - the link goes to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=

Looking forward to trying this later. :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

D'oh... didnt notice that. Sorry about that... bollox! >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Didn't get a mail but did get a Dropbox notification. Installing it now ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,443 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Big improvement over UT1. The controls are much more responsive (I feel that the short swipe/long swipe works better now). I haven't fallen through solid track yet either. Heading in the right direction guys....

Its amazing what happens when you listen to testers feedback :):)

T.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

Been playing UT2 this on my Nexus 7, it's pretty addictive and I like the difficulty level.

I have one suggestion. This is very much a "just one more go" sort of game, so you should make it easier to immediately restart the game when you die. Instead of going back to a score screen & then picking your powerups again etc., there should be a very obvious button as soon as you die that immediately puts you back at the beginning of the course with the same powerups as you picked last time.

I've died a whole bunch of times too early in a variety stupid ways, when I don't really care what my score is. Especially when you get into a flow where you're doing well, you want to keep that going with as little distraction as possible. The easier it is to restart the course immediately (< 1 second), the more I'm likely to keep playing the game longer - and the more I'm likely to make some IAPs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

satchmo wrote: »
    Instead of going back to a score screen & then picking your powerups again etc., there should be a very obvious button as soon as you die that immediately puts you back at the beginning of the course with the same powerups as you picked last time.

Delighted you like it, thanks for the feedback... You read our minds :)

Today we implemented a quick restart function which will remember powerup config and let you get back in action with 2 taps.

I agree the shorter the route back the better, but its a little tough to communicate everything without at least going back to powerup select screen and autopopulating powerups.

This will be in next build, hopefully at the weekend!

K

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

karlh wrote: »
    Delighted you like it, thanks for the feedback... You read our minds :)

Today we implemented a quick restart function which will remember powerup config and let you get back in action with 2 taps.

I agree the shorter the route back the better, but its a little tough to communicate everything without at least going back to powerup select screen and autopopulating powerups.

This will be in next build, hopefully at the weekend!

K

What about having three options
    Restart
    Return to powerup selection
    Main menu

or something to that effect!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

What about having three options
    Restart
    Return to powerup selection
    Main menu

or something to that effect!

We already have Play Again, which returns you to powerup selection, and Main Menu. There's no quicker way we can get back into game and still give players control over spending coins so I think we're at as short a screen flow as we can get.

There'll be an easy was to perm skip intro too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

karlh wrote: »
    We already have Play Again, which returns you to powerup selection, and Main Menu. There's no quicker way we can get back into game and still give players control over spending coins so I think we're at as short a screen flow as we can get.

There'll be an easy was to perm skip intro too.

Sorry, forgot that in the end product players will be earning/paying for coins!

Advertisement