Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The hardy bucks movie

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I really can't see it being any good but you never know. The show has it's funny (some very) moments for me but I've never been a huge fan, it always just struck me as a bunch of lads that really liked Trailer Park Boys and wanted to make their own version of it for the craic. I always got the feeling that people who aren't from Mayo wouldn't appreciate the show as much either?

Who knows though, there's definitely potential for laughs there so who knows.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

Im from dublin . I love it . The viper is the greatest Irish villan ever .
    Any idea on a release date ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rudd27

Next Feb. There's a trailer going up on RTE tomorrow according to Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/rteplayer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Cant wait . Salmon better get some decent screentime or il riot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭DavidMelv

Great show so much that I run a Facebook page called 'Buzz For President' https://www.facebook.com/BuzzForPresident?ref=hl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭budgemook

I met Eddie Durkan in Poznan where they were making the film. He was absolutely twisted and by all accounts was like that most of the time. I asked him how's making a film while drunk / hungover all the time. Makes it easier he said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Trailer is up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I've got a bad feeling about this.

Flashbacks of "Kevin and Perry go Large".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭MacBoogerBalls

mikom wrote: »

Felt more like Borat! myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Well I look forward to when it comes out, hopefully it will be a good film with a fair few laughs..

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »

The take the characters on holiday trick has been done a good bit. And the 'owe money to gangsters' angle is fairly unoriginal too.

However I think they have the comedy chops to put a different spin on it and make it funny. So I'll go see it for sure.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The take the characters on holiday trick has been done a good bit. And the 'owe money to gangsters' angle is fairly unoriginal too.

However I think they have the comedy chops to put a different spin on it and make it funny. So I'll go see it for sure.

Yeah the holiday schtick is nothing new but having it take place during the Euros isn't a bad idea, at least it gives it a bit of authenticity.

Trailer didn't blow me away or anything but it looks like it could be a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I was concerned anout this, but the trailer doesn't look half bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Looks ok, I wasn't a big fan of their TV crossover so the transition to a full-length movie could go either way, especially with a tried and tested plot like that.

Still, fair play to them from going from web series to a movie appearing in cinemas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

'You didn't even have a chance to blow my Vuvuzuela!' While I have low expectations, I was slightly amused. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I think the second TV series was a great improvement on the first and I though the Viper was the star of the second series, he really came on in leaps and bounds as a caharacter

He seems to have a leading role in the movie so that could be a reason to be optimistic about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

It's Universal I see who are producing it/behind it. Is that the actual worldwide one or a local Irish universal? Will it be a big release or just important in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

Does anyone know if this will be released in UK cinemas? Would be interesting to see how it's interpreted by our English, Welsh and Scottish neighbours.

Would love to see it get a big release elsewhere but would probably only get a limited one I reckon? I'm sure they'll take it on the festival circuit to try and get some momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

The take the characters on holiday trick has been done a good bit.

I was thinking the same thing. The Inbetweeners movie being another recent example.

Bit surprised Universal are involved though, I can't imagine the appeal will be that big outside this fair isle.

• Advertisement

Niles wrote: »
    Bit surprised Universal are involved though, I can't imagine the appeal will be that big outside this fair isle.

I don't know about that. Just because something is parochial doesn't mean it can't have wider appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

I don't know about that. Just because something is parochial doesn't mean it can't have wider appeal.

Maybe, I guess time will tell. I just wonder would foreign audiences 'get' the style of humour in Hardy Bucks, or will it just be seen as another generic road trip film.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

If Lexus or Uncle Mick aren't involved I won't be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Needs more Seamus and Aloysius

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Needs more Seamus and Aloysius

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU9dFTzTa-c

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Unusual to see a trailer for any comedy film with such few laughs

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Gustavo Fring

The Viper was filming in character outside The Hogan Stand pub before the Dublin v Mayo game

Very funny and great craic to boot:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Didn't The Guard do very well Stateside?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Galvasean wrote: »
    Didn't The Guard do very well Stateside?

Irish media often tend to over hype how Irish movies do in the US.

When we are told that an Irish film has "taken America by storm" it usually means that it ran for a week in some art house cinema in Boston.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

well that might be going a bit far, but the guard did have two big enough name hollywood actors playing the main roles and a more than modest budget so i dont think its really comparable to this project either.

also, it was muck

Advertisement