Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are people using as their design program of choice??

• 23-11-2012 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

I am just curious to find out what people are using as their main design program.
    What they typically use it for (background).
    Why they find it a good fit.
    Other programs people occasionally use.

I myself use google sketchup pro and have done for a good few years now.
    I know a lot of people look at it as an amateur but I come from a carpentry and design background and find it the fastest and most efficient way for me to get an idea across for a client.

Many other sketchup users out there??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Frogeye

CADworx. for pipework. Bentley ProStructures for structural steel work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

For the record Iv no background with cad or any 3d design applications but would google sketch up for business use not be a bit risky seeing as it would be apart of their privacy policie.
    From my understanding chrome os and google wallet were the two exemptions for more less using your data.more importantly confidential info

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

I'm really not too sure skinny, do you mean other people can see yours/your clients designs?

slpower01 wrote: »
    I'm really not too sure skinny, do you mean other people can see yours/your clients designs?
    No but google apparently can utilise the information,mainly with google docs,gmai,google plus which is a bit creapy....
    Search for google privacy policy

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

Oh I wonder if sketchup being taken over by trimble if it would be the same policy... I have noticed since switching to chrome that a lot of adverts around the web have been very similar items to what I may have looked at on other sites so that seems like something similar.

• Advertisement

slpower01 wrote: »
    Oh I wonder if sketchup being taken over by trimble if it would be the same policy... I have noticed since switching to chrome that a lot of adverts around the web have been very similar items to what I may have looked at on other sites so that seems like something similar.
    It's kinda scary in a way...like that's fine if their using browsing history to built up a virtual profile to advertise too....but when you look at the policy itself you realise it's all data related in terms if "by agreeing your letting us do what every we want with it"

Advertisement