Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wastewater Design

Options
  • 24-11-2012 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a suitable website or published paper that contains mathematical formulas for the design of wastewater treatment plants.

I can find good papers and tutorials with every formula required for sizing and designing plants but these are all in the U.S. imperial units.

I am looking for the metric equivalent.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

I would imagine this outfit would be able to help you:

http://www.reedbedsirl.com/home

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Oscar W

Thanks, but this doesnt have any of the content that I am looking for.
    I am looking for design formulas for full municiple wastewater treatment plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Oscar W wrote: »
    I can find good papers and tutorials with every formula required for sizing and designing plants but these are all in the U.S. imperial units.

Don't you just need the formula to convert from U.S. imperial to SI units then?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Scipio76

What kind of processes are you looking to design? Primary treatment? Activated sludge plants?

And for what purpose?

Also I wouldn't concern yourself with reed bed plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭mm_surf

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wastewater-Engineering-Inc-Metcalf-Eddy/dp/0071122508

This covers everything. Wastewater treatment is highly complex. Any particular type of treatement process you're interested in?

M.

• Advertisement
Advertisement