Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO HELP/DO SYNCHRONISATION OF TWO CAMERA RECORDING

Options
  • 19-11-2012 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I recorded a kids concert (I'm just an interested parent) with two camcorders and want to do a multicam edit on them. I have Magix editing software but my hardware is very slow. Is there anyone who can do this (cheaply!) or is there anywhere I can go to and rent some facilities to try it myself?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Filmbase will rent you access to their editing suite, decent hardware and modern software will sync that up easily but may be cheeper and easier to have someone edit for you if you dont know how to use the likes of Final Cut or Adobe Premier

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Morgano

Thanks Rew. I've no experience with either - could you point me in the way of anyone who might do it for me? ANy idea what it might cost (format from both cameras is the same; concert was around 2 hours long)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Rew wrote: »
    Filmbase will rent you access to their editing suite,

Didn't know that.

Great information to know, many thanks for posting that :)

My hardware that I run FCP on is a little lacking and this is good to know.

I'd never have thought to enquire from them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Tactical wrote: »
    Didn't know that.

Great information to know, many thanks for posting that :)

My hardware that I run FCP on is a little lacking and this is good to know.

I'd never have thought to enquire from them.

Even more interesting is they will rent you film making gear and cameras including, DSLRs, lenses, stabilisers, dollies etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Just be sure to check all equipment you get on site before you take it away for a shoot.

I've had experience of renting a mixer which was completely dead (batteries had leaked in it) when we got it on to the set for our shoot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

Do you have the videos online somewhere? maybe youtube..

If you have the time line of each video broken to which you would prefer to see , i might be able to do something quickly.

For example

Video 1 play 00:00 to 00:30 seconds
    Video 2 play 00:30 to 00:45 seconds
    Video 1 play 00:45 to 00:58 seconds
    Video 2 play 00:58 to 01:12 seconds

not looking for payment or anything. but something easy like that I can do in 5 minutes. (I can upload it to youtube then you can download it on your side, and ill take it down my side.

(Update* Just noticed the 2 hours long.)

I know that in FCP-X if you did multicam, since it's a concert there's a button that should make them sync up as it searches audio and syncs the similarities. Then again, if you got a clapper that would make life 10000 as long as you can get the clapper visually / hear the clapper in all camera shots.

Advertisement