Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Performance on Device X....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

S3

Plays very well.
    No system crashes experienced yet.
    Sound - good, fine the beat reminiscent of Wipeout, my OH has told me to mute it though so that's a win :)
    Graphics - great, no lag or judder experienced
    Controls - as above, have seen the lane change on jump normally when I am excited - so might be due to my swipe being interpreted as a tap, or an arch.
    PowerUps - have deployed magnet multiple times with no issue, not sure if you can pick up more powerups further in the game as my progress is rotten.

Bugs
    1. Car did a complete screen loop - shifted to right lane and it reappeared on far left during the 4 lane section around the 40% complete mark and continued right into an obstacle. Have not managed to recreate it yet.

Personal:
    Having difficulty getting beyond the 40% mark - gawd feeling old :)
    Have tried to shift lanes while jumping but unable to do so, see there was an earlier comment on this, but figure that this was a conscious decision to add to the difficulty of the game.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Try the invincibility powerup to get through tough sections... though, they get tougher as you progress....

The sections are not randomly generated, just randomly ordered (they get progressively harder as we drop out the easy ones from the pool after the start and add in harder ones :) ). This means you can learn the sections after a while, you'll notice sections that "feel" familiar...

If its any consolation, it took us months to actually finish it :)

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

DeVore wrote: »
    If its any consolation, it took me months to actually finish it :)

FYP.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

karlh wrote: »
    FYP.
    Oh you bitch, you Jumped like... one day before me!!! :eek:

:huff:

DeV.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

A picture is worth a thousand words - so a movie must be worth a gazillion... :D

(apologies for the heavy breather in the background and shockingly bad gameplay, I had to have my face near the camera and try play without knocking over the tripod..)

HTC desire C - laggy to the point of hampering play and probably not a runner but I guess you probably already knew that.

Brand new out of the box Nexus 7 - bubbling over with awesomeness - no FPS problems there. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ChubbyHubby

For some reason the Xperia has a major problem and we have a test unit to try it out on now but it will take time to work out why.
    Was just cleaning up the install of the game from my Xperia Ray and noticed that it never installed properly. The application manager tells me that the game is only using 124kb (application 120kb, data 4kb). Just tried to install it again and it tells me install successful but it's still a botched installed using 124kb. There's plenty of space on the phone and sdcard so i guess problem might be with the installer if you guys didn't know already.

Ok, thats a good bit of investigative work... hmmm... that would explain some of the stranger Xperia tests we've seen... I'll ask them to look into it, I dont know anything about the installer myself.

Thanks!

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Ok, thats a good bit of investigative work... hmmm... that would explain some of the stranger Xperia tests we've seen... I'll ask them to look into it, I dont know anything about the installer myself.

Thanks!

T.

I think the installer thing might be a red herring

It looks the same on my ray but the rest of data does seem to be on the card. I moved data back to the phone and I still have the same issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

grizzly wrote: »
    Playing on a iPhone 5. The Gone Gaming splash screen takes about 18 seconds to load. After that it's smooth sailing.

8 seconds after installing version 1.2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Ver 1.2
    Game loads in under 20 seconds one HTC One S
    Sound options till ignored it seems (not sure if you corrected or not).

New track variations are great.
    Top speed increase adds a lot to the gameplay.

Looks great. Plays great.

• Advertisement

Funkfield wrote: »
    Sound options till ignored it seems (not sure if you corrected or not).

Thanks for the updates, delighted!

Sound options are still just a placeholder, will include this 'feature' in UT3 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Fcuks sake. Installed the new version - game gets to about 90% on the loading bar and bombs out. This is after the upgrade to CM10. I WANT TO PLAY!!!!1111one

tbh I think there's a problem with my phone's sd card. Mrs. Orion got a new HTC Desire X today - I'll try it on that tomorrow and see how it goes. Definitely time to upgrade my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ChubbyHubby

Still doesn't work on the xperia ray. Gone#Gaming logo page appears, loading status bar seems to complete then crash out to OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I tried the game on my new Huawei Ascend G330, but it doesn't work at all. The loading bar gets to the end and then crashes back to the app drawer. Games in general seem to be fairly buggy on this thing though, it isn't limited to this particular one.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Xperia S - Loads 5% ish, waits 20s then the rest loads within a second. Everything else very fluid, big improvement on ut1.

ED E wrote: »
    Xperia S - Loads 5% ish, waits 20s then the rest loads within a second. Everything else very fluid, big improvement on ut1.

Great to hear, thanks. That loading bar is known issue - itll be smooth for final ver, and quicker...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

UT3 is working well on my Ascend G330, compared to UT2 which didn't work at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Stevie_Wonder

UT5 working well on Jiayu G2S.

We were wondering who it was playing one some exotic device :)

Advertisement