Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Muse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Fantastic live band but like I said before, I was more let down by the crowd than anything else! It was still buzzing but just not go completely mad jump up and down crazy!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I still stick that on regularly, it's epic. That's when Muse peaked imo.

toooooo true!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

I didn't go to the Dublin show, but saw them in Manchester on Thurs night at the Arena. They were brilliant - great light show, technically excellent, and a good play list for the night. Crowd was pretty pumped too. Definitely one of the best gigs I've been at

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I still stick that on regularly, it's epic. That's when Muse peaked imo.

Definitely. Reminds me of Dublin castle in 2002, savage gig. Can't believe its been 10 years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Dr Feelgood

Crowd in the O2 were shocking, really really poor.

Hopefully they'll go back to basics on the new album, no singles and something non-commercial and alienate this 'new breed' of Muse fan

Hopefully they'll go back to basics on the new album, no singles and something non-commercial and alienate this 'new breed' of Muse fan

I know the new album aint their best but to looking 3 years into the future already.. Damn!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Dr Feelgood

hypermuse wrote: »

I know the new album aint their best but to looking 3 years into the future already.. Damn!!

I predict an angry marital break up, divorce and bitter child custody battle leading to their most insane, riff-tastic album since OOS! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

I just dont get this attitude at all. The crowd at the gig were no worse than any other gig where there are more than 10000 people. They got into it, certainly from where I was standing. The new songs worked well live too. I was like others and initially I disliked the album but since the gig I've listened more and it probably has no more filler than any of their other albums (possibly with the exception of Origin of Symmetry).

Sonically they sounded fantastic, in fact better than I can ever remember them being. Did they trash the place up? No, but its been a long time since they were like that anyway. I missed out of their Resistance performances so I haven't seen them since 06/07 and they were still as good as I remember.

I thought at the start the sound was off as I couldn't make Matt out properly during Supremacy but he obviously made an adjustment to the levels and then he was crystal clear all night. His voice was excellent.

Its like people want them to be only playing venues like Whelans or something for them to be any good. Its nonsense, they've moved on, their sound is a bit changed (yes I do personally prefer the riffy stuff) but its still them.

One thing I do hope is that they do an arena tour and play the Aviva (like has been hinted), then we might get a longer set with more old favourites.

SK1979 wrote: »

One thing I do hope is that they do an arena tour and play the Aviva (like has been hinted), then we might get a longer set with more old favourites.

They will do a stadium tour next year.. same pattern now for the last few albums. Ireland never got a stadium gig (usually just Marlay or Oxegen) but with the Aviva sitting pretty it would be pretty cool!

Honestly, I don't think they could sell it out thou, that's the big problem!!

I think they will play Oxegen next year, I hope they do play the Aviva but I cant see it selling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

They will do a stadium tour next year.. same pattern now for the last few albums. Ireland never got a stadium gig (usually just Marlay or Oxegen) but with the Aviva sitting pretty it would be pretty cool!

Honestly, I don't think they could sell it out thou, that's the big problem!!

I think they will play Oxegen next year, I hope they do play the Aviva but I cant see it selling out.

I agree, think they'd struggle on their own to sell the Aviva. If they were clever and got someone good to support (maybe Bloc Party or someone similar with a decent following) it could work.

Personally, I wouldn't go see them in Oxegen, too old for there these days so I really hope its their own gig. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 get27

Actually I thought It was a great gig, seen them 8 times so far and its defo up there, Off to see them in Mad Square Gardens in April 16! bring it on :-)

• Advertisement

get27 wrote: »
    Actually I thought It was a great gig, seen them 8 times so far and its defo up there, Off to see them in Mad Square Gardens in April 16! bring it on :-)

aww sweet! I'm well jelly of that! Enjoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Is Big Freeze the new Falling away with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭budgemook

iMuse wrote: »
    Is Big Freeze the new Falling away with you?
    What do you mean? I really like falling away with you btw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Anyone heard anything re a Muse gig next year in the Aviva? That would be savage!!!

At the O2 gig Dom said (might have said) "see you next year at the aviva"

Thats the only proper source for now unless someone who works at the Aviva knows differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

At the O2 gig Dom said (might have said) "see you next year at the aviva"

Thats the only proper source for now unless someone who works at the Aviva knows differently.
    Id say he would have a good idea of unannounced gigs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

budgemook wrote: »
    What do you mean? I really like falling away with you btw

As in they haven't played it live, They have played all the other songs off the album apart from it. They have never played falling away with you live ever.

As in they haven't played it live, They have played all the other songs off the album apart from it. They have never played falling away with you live ever.

Maybe the aint got permission from U2 to play it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Maybe the aint got permission from U2 to play it :D

Haha. Tragic but haha:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭budgemook

Gotcha

• Advertisement

Muse have announced 14 stadium dates in Europe for next year,

The Aviva is not on the list, Kinda hope its not coz they aint gonna sell it out.

They aint even playing Wembley next year, selected to play the somewhat smaller Emirates stadium instead.

With decent support, they would have no issue, and its gonna get announced eventually

Meesared wrote: »
    With decent support, they would have no issue, and its gonna get announced eventually

I think so too.. will prob get tickets to the Emirates either way. I've heard it supposed to be a pretty good stadium for a gig..

Just thought there, Wembley is probably being used for football that time of year isnt it?

Just checked, its hosting the UEFA Cup final this year when theyre playing the Emirates, prolly why they went for it instead.

Meesared wrote: »
    Just thought there, Wembley is probably being used for football that time of year isnt it?

Just checked, its hosting the UEFA Cup final this year when theyre playing the Emirates, prolly why they went for it instead.

I did see that but they could have worked 2 dates around that if they wanted to I'm sure.. From what I've read its a case of something fresh apparently, as in the band think they have done that so move on!

I don't buy that as an excuse, bout 120,000 tickets on sale at the Emirates whereas there would be 180,000 at Wembley..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I did see that but they could have worked 2 dates around that if they wanted to I'm sure.. From what I've read its a case of something fresh apparently, as in the band think they have done that so move on!

I don't buy that as an excuse, bout 120,000 tickets on sale at the Emirates whereas there would be 180,000 at Wembley..

But Wembley is.. busy? Also, its a change of stadium, if they sell out their dates they could always add an extra day, or somewhere else in London at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Theyre planning on bringing Falling Away With You to the stage, one of the only album songs they've never played live.

http://www.photoblab.com/blabs/50c7b1406b05e00200000016

****, now I really have no choice but to go see them again

Nice! that would be deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,108 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ok fine, I'll buy an Emirates night 2 ticket

Would they do Absolution in full?

• Advertisement

I highly doubt that!

Granted it would be the 10yr anniversary of the albums UK release but still.. No. :(

Advertisement