Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Reviews Welcome!!!

Options
  • 27-10-2012 8:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33

Hi ,

I just got this site built ,:D

Would be happy to hear all the good and bad,

Thanks in advance

www.bulkyrecycling.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Logo would be better off as flat colours, ie. no gradients. I'd also drop the grey reflection bit. Not a fan of the typeface used. Needs much more work.

The park picture is nice but doesn't have much function beyond looking pretty and it occupies a valuable area of the screen. There should be much better use made of that space.

The navigation bar doesn't fit the screen so the Contact Us is pushed on to the line below. This is on IE and Firefox. Sloppy. The site must be tested in all the main browsers.

The email address is in an image, why? I can't copy it, click it. Rule of Thumb is that text should be text and not in graphics. Eslewhere on the site the address is not a clickable mailto.

'Welcome to' is unnecessary content.

Grey text isn't goood for reabaility. Use better contrast.

Indicate areas you serve for a few reasons.

Costs, where are they? If it's free that should be shouted out and if it costs an indication at the very least should be given as to how much.

There no need for the w3c xhtml validation link, only coders care about that. The Norton could be dropped too.

Needs success stories/testimonials etc.

Under the bonnet, text content in the source code is all in reverse order, so search engine spiders will give extra weight to the content which is high in the code but low on the actual page.

Image filenames need to be descriptive and alts need to be used in the image tags. Heights and widths would be good too for the images.

Text which could/should be links are not.

No 404 page.

Some if not all of the images are stock photos. http://www.bulkyrecycling.ie/images/master_frame_0022.jpg certainly is and is rights managed by GettyImages. Make sure you have the correct licences for every stock photo or you risk large bills being sent your way.

Overall it's a very basic and somewhat amateur looking design visually. There's a lot more that could be brought to it like more and better information, and better sales methods.

hth/gl

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bain_triail_as

"These larger jobs usually involve us caring out a quick onsite survey in order to help
    calculate a cost."
    "caring" misspelled.
    "The most frequently recycled metals in Ireland today are scrap steel, iron.lead, aluminium, copper and stainless steel."
    "iron.lead" = punctuation error.
    "This describes discarded items such as old television sets, computors, microwaves, refridgerators, raidios, vacumme machines, etc.…"
    Several misspellings.
    "The benefits from recycling weee are huge and it simply makes good sense." In Firefox browser an underscore character visible between "weee" and "huge".
    "All you need to do is Call Us or just click HERE and fill out your details.". Uppercase "C" in "Call" , should be lower case.
    "We offer a collection service for any such materials you may have laying about your garden or premises." "laying" === should be "lying".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I don't think that this site requires 6 pages. Considering all you want people to do is contact you, a single page design should be enough. Less is more.

Also you might want to reassure people that you are just going to dump stuff in the nearest ditch once they've paid you and you are registered with the relevant authorities with licences etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Fix your Nav Div..

Your Contact Us Roll over has U TS under the Nav Bar when you move over the Contact Us part the U TS also lights up..

Your Contact Page i dont like Error Boxes, Cant you use Ajax so it checks the Correct Field before hitting Send.

And take off Auto-Comp i hate that inside Text Boxes..

I do like your CSS with the Roll over, its nice when people use the

This.page Etc.....

Advertisement