Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pimp Your Society/Club - The One And Only Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,811 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

DB21 wrote: »
    So, an evening of calm, friendly, rational discussion? :pac:

I was talking to some guy in the SU bar on the night Des Bishop was there, he told me that during some sort of abortion-related event (probably a debate) a group of pro-lifers were pretty much stirring up sh*t as much as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

I was talking to some guy in the SU bar on the night Des Bishop was there, he told me that during some sort of abortion-related event (probably a debate) a group of pro-lifers were pretty much stirring up sh*t as much as possible.

Possibly the debate with James McInerney a few years back. The thread is knocking around this forum somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

It should be clarified that it was found to be members of Youth Defense. I feel the need to make the distinction that not all Pro Lifers are YDers so lets not tar them all with the same brush. I say this as a Pro choicer (sp?) myself and knowing many pro-life people that would rather fight a bear than be thought to be associated with YD.

I have heard that the debate went very well the other day and was quite civilized which is a delight to hear given the events that DB21's link shows. And as said before, this thread is simply for the promotion of clubs and socs so its not really the place for such a debate to spill over onto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

aaabbbb wrote: »
    [COLOR="Red"]For anyone interested: http://www.facebook.com/events/184239231712825/ [/COLOR]

Had no idea this was happening, but that's good news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Had no idea this was happening

Only been organised as of yesterday so I'm not surprised:P

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Quinzy

Hey guys, letting everyone know now that this is happening!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/284619494986662/

It's our big annual event, and it's always great fun. :) We'd love for you to come and support Games Soc and the Childs Play charity!

Posters should be put up around campus soon too. If you're in to gaming of any sort, this is where you want to be :D

www.dominicon.info

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 breakfast on pluto

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to set up a club for transvestites in Maynooth. I'm from Thomas Street in Dublin and got into the scene a couple of years back on a drunken trip to the George. Anyway, my wife is pretty comfortable with it so she doesn't mind. I've been trying to seek out a number of locations for the academy but I'm not fully sure where. I've been thinking about rhetoric house, the auxila maxim or humanity house but I don't know whether these locations are open to private use. My plans for the academy are only in their infant stages but I would like it to progress from a club to an academy at some stage, sure hell I might even try and turn it into a degree programme.
    If anyone is interested let met know and I can pass on details for the first meet.

Yours truly,
    Breakfast on Pluto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Everyone add this page please: http://www.facebook.com/nuim.judo
    I'll think you're pure sound and might even buy you 3 in 1's. Sound :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 theNewGirl

Does anyone know where the LGBT soc holds their coffee thing on a monday? Been meaning to go for a while now but just could never remember to :)

theNewGirl wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the LGBT soc holds their coffee thing on a monday? Been meaning to go for a while now but just could never remember to :)

It's on in Chill :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

DB21 wrote: »
    I's on in Chill :)

*It's

*It's

Thanks for that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭plumpote

Hey everybody

Yoga has started up again and we have wonderful classes on a Tuesday evening and Wednesday lunchtime.

If anybody wants to join the Society or wants any info email us at our email address or find us on facebook :)

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

Heya guys were looking at starting a netball club! Need interest to get it established and also a few committee roles left to fill... If you're interested or want to find out more then check out our fb page "NUI Maynooth Netball"
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭upinthesky

is there a cards society would really love some info if there is thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

lisar816 wrote: »
    is there a cards society would really love some info if there is thanks

https://www.facebook.com/nuim.cards?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

You can find a full contact list of clubs here and societies here.
    Might be useful for some people :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 breakfast on pluto

Anyone have any interest in getting together to set up the above society?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

FINALLY.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NUIM Yoga

Hey guys,

We now have a lovely shiny boards account. If you want to join classes, or find out about them, you can message us on this and we'll get back to you!

(You don't have to be flexible, or a yoga expert to join our classes, and it's NEVER too late. Get in touch!)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

HOFSOC are having an EGM and Movie/Pizza night tomorrow at 6pm in JH3. All are welcome. There is currently a vote on what movie will be shown (here and here) but it looks like Despicable Me will win!

Hope to see you all there!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

• Registered Users Posts: 48 quaverlou

The music society are having a christmas karaoke night on the 6th of december!! gonna be some sneer:L:L and the svp have their sleepout that night too!

http://www.facebook.com/events/375801859176918/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Hi Guys,

Following on from a very successful Post-Budget special, the Finomics soc (Maynooths home of all things Finance and Economics related) we are running a facebook competition for you to have your very own movie night!

So, whether you'd like to get a few freinds round for an end of term bash, or some last-minute christmas presents, why not Like our facebook page for your chance to win

526911_451144318276571_1232304048_n.jpg
    • "Taken" DVD
    • Popcorn
    • Bottle of Coke & Diet Coke
    • 2 x Bottles of Red
    • 2 x Bottles of White

Like the page for 1 entry, and share the picture for 1 more :)

You'll also be kept notified about all out events next semester, and any future competitions ;-)

Any questions, feel free to ask, or email us at

nuim.esc@gmail.com

Kind regards,
    Jack
    Secretary of the Finomics Society

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NUIM Yoga

Not that we want to hijack this thread completely...but tomorrow is FAIRS DAY 2 in the Arts Block from 10-2. Yoga Society will have a stand, and we welcome all new members!
    It's just €2 to sign up, and then you can reap the benefits of our wonderful classes!

See you tomorrow in the Arts Block! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭re.mark.able

Hey,

I'm planning on setting up a Healthy living society next year in the college. It's going to be based around things I've learned about diet, fitness, lifestyle and mental wellbeing.
    I've been researching and experimenting with all of these things for 7 months now (longer if you include previous personal research). I've managed to seriously improve my day to day life because of the changes I've made and I really want to start spreading what I've learned to as many people as possible.
    What I need now is a handful of people to get it started so, come next year, we have more solid information and a team working on finding more people to join. If you are passionate, disciplined and/or have health problems that you are determined to get rid of (heartburn, acne or excess weight to name just a few) please contact me and I promise you will learn so much that will help you and allow you to help others too.

You can PM me if you are interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

This sounds interesting, but I would imagine you will run into a large number of issues, particularly around making suggestions for other peoples health issues, as you are not licensed. If you were doing this under the auspices of a club/society and anything happened, you would be held liable, I think.
    Sounds like a generally good idea though, promoting health and wellbeing.

Advertisement