Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

In The Playpen - Davidius

Options
  • 24-10-2012 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

haiku opens thread
    Davidius is here now
    answers for one year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

More like GAYvidius.

I'll show myself out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Since Pseudo shamefully reneged on his own playpen obligations..
    Draw Screaminmidget looking poetic.

Draw Monzo beating Q to a pulp.

Draw a forum member of your choice.

Draw blimey eating a massive roll.

What's your favourite colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

How are you?
    How are they?
    Who do you think they are?
    Who do they think they are?
    What do you think they are doing to find out who they are?
    What are you doing to find out what they are doing to find out who they are?
    What do they think you are doing to find out what they are doing to find out who they are?
    What do you think they'll expect you to do to find out what they are thinking you're doing to find out what they are are doing to find out who they are?
    What are they doing to find out who you are in terms of their expectations of your attempts to find out what they're thinking you're doing to find out what they are doing to find out who they are and what they are looking for from you to find out who you think they are and what you want with them when you consider who you are, who they are, and who both of you at this moment in time think you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Since Pseudo shamefully reneged on his own playpen obligations..

Draw Screaminmidget looking poetic.
    bSeIf.png
    "My stupid Frisbee glides softly like a cloud,
    I like to end my sentences with ...,"

Draw Monzo beating Q to a pulp.
    vtOlx.png

Draw a forum member of your choice.
    9jeiY.png
    It's Fergus.

Draw blimey eating a massive roll.
    vDCeS.png
    Not exactly a roll but the care is little with me.

What's your favourite colour?
    I don't like colours. What have colours ever done for me? Do you know why colour blindness is generally male-specific? Because hating colours is manly.
    Palytoxin wrote: »
    How are you?
    This is a complex issue to which the answer may not be known. What I do know is that a long time ago there was this rapid expansion of the universe. Bunch a crazy **** happened with electrons hopping all around the place, getting too close, getting too far, eventually it all went a bit mad and so there was abiogenesis. And The Lord said "OK". It's gone downhill ever since.

How are they?
    The answer is a trivial case of the answer above.

Who do you think they are?
    Everybody but me.

Who do they think they are?
    Each component believes they to be the collection of all similar objects less themselves. How philosophical deep. Somebody should write a paper that nobody will read except people who wish they could still make a living talking nonsense.

What do you think they are doing to find out who they are?
    Nothing. See above.

What are you doing to find out what they are doing to find out who they are?
    Nothing. See above then below.

What do they think you are doing to find out what they are doing to find out who they are?
    Stop this.

What do you think they'll expect you to do to find out what they are thinking you're doing to find out what they are are doing to find out who they are?
    I don't want to parse these questions any more. I'm not some machine (probably), please ask questions in a more component-wise fashion.

What are they doing to find out who you are in terms of their expectations of your attempts to find out what they're thinking you're doing to find out what they are doing to find out who they are and what they are looking for from you to find out who you think they are and what you want with them when you consider who you are, who they are, and who both of you at this moment in time think you are?
    Error 404 File not found.

Please contact your web administrator.

Now I'm out of obligations except those that I still have.

Fill in the blanks!

If I were a _____ and I just got a _____ from a ______, the first thing I'd do with my new _____ would be to buy a _____ to go with the it and go straight to ______. Then as soon as I go to ______, I'd ______ the _______ from the ______, then escape from there as fast as I could. It seems like the only _____ plan of action in those _____. But this ______, how it all started was I was _____ my ______, when I saw ______ with a ______ trying to _____ a ______. All I could do was _____ my _____ and try to _____ it. And this led to ______ which was where I _____ the original _______, and I only had to do this because I'm a ______, as a result of _______.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Are your real-life conversations as entertaining as your posts on boards? Because if they are then I'd like to know you. Carnally.

Fill in the blanks!

If I were a carpenter and I just got a giant wooden stake from a Roman, the first thing I'd do with my new death-bed would be to buy a few nails or a bit of the strength of the Holy Father to go with the it and go straight to that hill where they barbarically execute people for petty political crimes.. Then as soon as I go to my burial cave, I'd move the boulder from the place of entry, then escape from there as fast as I could. It seems like the only divine plan of action in those collections of viable plans of actions sorted by bound of efficiency. But this shíte, how it all started was I was preaching my all-time best seller, when I saw Judas with a gambling problem trying to betray a brother. All I could do was preach my sermon and try to magically predict it. And this led to state of deification which was where I became the original J-man, and I only had to do this because I'm a Godly badass, as a result of my divine virginal birth that definitely happened..
    Are your real-life conversations as entertaining as your posts on boards? Because if they are then I'd like to know you. Carnally.
    Of course not, that would be impossible. Real life conversations put a much lower-bound on socially acceptable response times which in turn have a negative relationship with the overall entertainment value of the response function for all t at which it's well-defined. Moreover the structure of a real-life conversation is much different. There's a back and forth between each vertex with neither being a source or sink so the capacity of the edges between the vertices is necessarily restricted. Sorry for over-simplifying it, a better explanation requires the use of measures on event spaces with the appropriate outcomes but I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from.

All that's a bit of an aside though. It's impossible because I don't have real-life conversations.

I don't know what that last word means but it sounds cool so I'm going to start saying it to women in the street. They'll think I am so smart and articulate.

I don't know what to write here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

WHAT DO YOU LOOK LIKE?

DO YOU LOVE ME?

WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME?

ATOMICKOALA LOVES YOU.

What is your favourite word (besides 'banter')? Also, what are the words that make you wince?

Settle the debate. Oreos: wonderful / shíte / alright / meh?

Draw PseudoFamous in an uncompromising position.

What was the last thing that caused you disgruntlement?

Draw Palytoxin tending to his farm of giant chickens.

Post a voice recording of you singing the trolololo song. A video will suffice otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

Whats your favourite maths equation?
    What is the most erotic looking biscuits in your opinion?
    Will you ever live abroad?
    Cats or Dogs?
    Do you give to charity?
    Do you believe in god?
    Are those my feet?

• Advertisement

Would you prefer to have the long neck of a giraffe, the long trunk of an elephant, or the long mane of a lion?

WHAT DO YOU LOOK LIKE?
    A superposition of plain handsome and ladykiller handsome.

Anything that states otherwise (including images formed by one's retina) are deceptive propaganda or biological responses to shield one from knowing my Godly light.

DO YOU LOVE ME?
    No.

WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME?
    You are fundamentally unlovable.

ATOMICKOALA LOVES YOU.
    Everybody loves me. Those that didn't are dead.
    What is your favourite word (besides 'banter')? Also, what are the words that make you wince?
    Favourite: Moreover

Disliked: bloke, epic, mot, freshers, hamjilauke'iout

Settle the debate. Oreos: wonderful / shíte / alright / meh?
    Alright - I like them but do not feel compelled to purchase any.

Draw PseudoFamous in an uncompromising position.
    RYajv.png

What was the last thing that caused you disgruntlement?
    My continued failures in forming some semblance of that state which can be called concentrating. Also not having any corn flakes. The latter precedes the former.

Draw Palytoxin tending to his farm of giant chickens.
    ebquV.png
    It'll do.

Post a voice recording of you singing the trolololo song. A video will suffice otherwise.
    I'd rather just post this again:
    eoins23456 wrote: »
    Whats your favourite maths equation?
    1 + 1 = 0

What is the most erotic looking biscuits in your opinion?
    Good question. I suppose anything that has a swirly shape is similar in appearance to a wrinkled boob.

Will you ever live abroad?
    There's no way of me knowing this for certain. Even if I had made plans for such a thing there's always a slight chance that I'd die before then. There's also the chance that I'd be kidnapped or that 'abroad' would cease to exist as a meaningful concept under the unstoppable rush of globalisation.

Cats or Dogs?
    Cats.

Do you give to charity?
    Am I a charity? Then yes, I give 100% of my earnings to charity.

Do you believe in god?
    That all depends. Will you believe me if I told you that I am a god? Will others? As long as that is possible then the question is best left unanswered.

Do not read further if the above is possible: If that's not the case then no, I don't.

Are those my feet?
    I do not understand the context of this question. Please try again at a later date.
    Would you prefer to have the long neck of a giraffe, the long trunk of an elephant, or the long mane of a lion?
    I don't think I'd like to have any of those things. All I see here is more ways to pick up localised diseases that have yet to affect our species.

I finally got around to doing this.

Davidius, o oldest and wisest of the Vidius family,
    Do you prefer yellow or white street lights? (Assuming the same no. of Lumens emitted)
    Do you prefer newspapers or magazines? (Assuming all content in both is identical)
    Do you prefer chocolate or coffee cake? (Assuming portions are of the same calorific value)
    Do you prefer when I ask questions in a usual or unusual manner? (Assuming both questions will produce the same answer)

Rank these biscuits (and feel free to comment on their respective qualities / failures).

Bourbon
    Crunch Cream
    Custard Cream
    Digestive
    Fruit Shortcake
    Gingernut
    Golden Crunch
    Hobnob
    Jammie Dodger
    Kimberly
    Malted Milk
    Nice
    Oreo
    Pink wafer
    Rich Tea

Davidius, o oldest and wisest of the Vidius family,
    I think I see what has been done here. Like I said there is no proof of paternity for any of these children so it's not my problem.
    Do you prefer yellow or white street lights? (Assuming the same no. of Lumens emitted)
    I have no preference. See colours question from before.

Do you prefer newspapers or magazines? (Assuming all content in both is identical)
    I have no particular preference as I read neither. I will lean toward newspaper as they are easier to dispose of. I do have questions about what kind of newspaper would have the same contents as a magazine. Either it seems like a poor newspaper or the magazine has a very broad yet narrow audience and will likely be cancelled by the 5th issue.

Do you prefer chocolate or coffee cake? (Assuming portions are of the same calorific value)
    Whichever one won't give me diabetes first.

Do you prefer when I ask questions in a usual or unusual manner? (Assuming both questions will produce the same answer)
    No.
    Rank these biscuits (and feel free to comment on their respective qualities / failures).
    I know not what metric or measure to use for the ranking. If I am to comment on their qualities and failures then I'd need to consistently evaluate them along the same points to form any sort of meaningful ranking. As such I have omitted the ranking entirely to save myself the hassle of being consistent or reliable.

Bourbon - This is a very standard biscuit that can do no wrong. It can't do much right however. It is the Mario of biscuits.
    Crunch Cream - What the hell's a Crunch Cream?
    Custard Cream - These are good in medium doses but eating too many will give you temporary diabetes or a weird taste in your mouth. Unfortunately they are also addictive. The biscuit part may be superfluous and obstructive as it just falls apart anyway.
    Digestive - If Bourbon's are the Mario of biscuits then Digestives are the [analogy to most bare possible structure]. They are not really worth eating - if you're going to eat unhealthy food you might as well enjoy the taste of poison. This is why I don't understand 'drink to get drunk' types. They should be trying to enjoy the taste of the thing, not drinking pig piss for the sake of it. These people are wrong.
    Fruit Shortcake - They're biscuits all right.
    Gingernut - An even bigger waste of time than a digestive.
    Golden Crunch - Honestly I don't know what biscuits half these names denote.
    Hobnob - Sounds like a bit of dickhead.
    Jammie Dodger - I admit it, I know sweet fúck all about biscuits.
    Kimberly - This is pure torture, I thought Kimberly was a brand that covered a range of biscuits. Stop highlighting my ignorance.
    Malted Milk - Now you're just making these up.
    Nice - They do not live up to their namesake.
    Oreo - Alright
    Pink wafer - Are those those biscuits that are already eaten by the time you get to the tin? I have only heard about them but never have I seen them with my own eyes. I wish to see one. It's one of those pipe dreams I have.
    Rich Tea - Doesn't exist.
    I am also an experienced director:

Favourite mathematician?
    Do you like vinegar?
    Would you prefer surfing or skiing, given a choice of the two, where you must choose one?
    I would like your opinion on chewing gum.
    Favourite quote from a film?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Deedeecupcake

Why do you know nothing about biscuits??

Malted Milk - Now you're just making these up.

Lies.

tumblr_lkdxbohDLq1qb206z.jpg

What's your opinion on the following things:

Pink shirts
    Marmalade
    Bull fighting
    Fireworks
    blimey
    Public display of armpit hair
    Slippers
    Hippies
    Shoes
    Ugg boots
    jumpguy
    Dogs
    Teenagers
    tradoburns
    This guy ;)
    Puns
    "lol"
    Killing spiders
    Jaffa Cakes
    Odd socks
    Noel Edmond's facial hair
    Jedward
    Co. Cork
    Screaminmidget

Favourite mathematician?
    You're not supposed to have a favourite mathematician; their work is supposed to be appreciated in isolation without reflecting them as people. This kind of celebrity worship will destroy our society. That or nuclear war. Also I don't have a broad enough range in higher mathematics to make such distinction but tentatively Bernhard Riemann.

Do you like vinegar?
    I like Salt & Vinegar crisps. I'm not convinced 'vinegar' is a real thing in isolation, like the P in PHP.

Would you prefer surfing or skiing, given a choice of the two, where you must choose one?
    Skiing because jelly-yetis haven't been perfected yet.

I would like your opinion on chewing gum.
    I have no opinion on chewing gum. I'm sorry and I understand how devastating that must be to you. I can't lie after the biscuit incident.

Favourite quote from a film?
    I don't have a favourite quote from a film. I do not weigh up such trivial things. I can tell you my favourite penguin bar joke though. Actually I won't because you might disagree.
    Why do you know nothing about biscuits??
    I don't have room in my memory for biscuit trivia, only important things like tricks to make people fall down the pit in Ghost Fort as a Spy.
    Lies.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkdxbohDLq1qb206z.jpg
    Nice try but I can smell a photoshop from kilometres away.

What's your opinion on the following things:

Pink shirts - I have no real opinions on such matters. I would personally never deviate from my plain white shirt only policy and I don't think I can respect anybody who does however.
    Marmalade - I do not desire it.
    Bull fighting - I don't think it's our place to judge how cows settle their differences.
    Fireworks - Loud, annoying and dangerous. I'm all for them.
    blimey - He's no tradoburns.
    Public display of armpit hair - Seems like it would involve an unnecessary amount of arm-raising, and I take objections to deliberate attempts to show off. In principle I do not care about seeing armpit hair, it is the intent that should be destroyed.
    Slippers - They exist as far as I can tell.
    Hippies - They existed as far as I can tell.
    Shoes - They allow me to walk on jagged granular services without cuts to the soles of my feet. I see the function though I do not use them because I'm too manly to be detered by such pain. I do not understand why women take such an interest in them.
    Ugg boots - I have no opinion on such matters. I've been briefed on what exactly they are before but have since discarded that information. Nobody should have an opinion on such matters. It is morally wrong.
    jumpguy - He was good in Gran Torino
    Dogs - Loud.
    Teenagers - All of them are immature. Even the ones that think they're mature aren't. They're just self-righteous, obsessive or insular. They will never truly understand why people are so dismissive of them until they make this realisation as we all have done before. As you know this will be on the stroke of midnight on their 20th birthday and transcends all relativistic and horological (cool word) considerations. Similar realisations are probably made at decade long intervals.
    tradoburns - An endless fountain of rich story telling and philosophically interesting conversation.
    This guy ;) - The tool of those who have lost an argument. Taken to be a sign of defeat in many cultures.
    Puns - They're not always that punny.
    "lol" - A perfectly functional word for expressing a reaction ranging from mild amusement to literal audible laughter regardless of etymological considerations. Not a word to use when you want to disguise an insult (use :) ) or when you don't know how to end a sentence lol.
    Killing spiders - I have never been inclined to do such a thing. I sometimes do it accidently and feel regret. Killing spiders makes me feel worse than funding the murder of intelligent pigs. The human mind is quite a thing.
    Jaffa Cakes - They're delicious. I buy the Tesco brand ones because they have a very high quality floor with a low quality increase per cent.
    Odd socks - I have no opinions on such matters because I do not make a habit of examining socks. If you do then you are a bad person.
    Noel Edmond's facial hair - I don't know who that is.
    Jedward - Music for teenage girls.
    Co. Cork - They do not drive well in Cork. They like to make a distinction between the city and the rest of the county but there is none. They are all part of a pan-Corkian identity and should just admit that they're all bad drivers who should really apologise for killing Mick Collins.
    Screaminmidget - A notorious racist.
    Tá obair a dhéanamh agam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

What's your opinion on
    Vegetarianism
    Feminism
    After Hours
    Mitt Romney
    Obama
    Atheism
    Environmentalism
    Artificial sweeteners
    Clowns
    The newer Simpsons series

• Advertisement

What's your opinion on
    Vegetarianism - As valid a choice as any really. I understand that not all of you can be as bloodthirsty as I am, after all we can't have everybody eating the spoils of war against those lesser being. We'd run out of food and then we'd have to eat the less-able would-be vegetarians. So really vegetarianism is a merely a smart survival choice for many people.
    Feminism - The one's that actually tackle serious issues of inequality and oppression, I like them. They're championing a worthy cause. The shrill ones that can find misogyny in pack of crisps and throw around sociological ideas with vague definitions and spurious evidence, they should stop doing that and help out the serious ones.
    After Hours - Also known as the Dublin forum.
    Mitt Romney - He's gone save us from that evil socialist Barrack Hussein O-bomb-a
    Obama - I don't have any strong opinions on him. He is just another American politician whose ridiculous cult of personality is brought into far too easily. It's not even a good cult. Mine's better.
    Atheism - How foolish are those who would deny my existence. - Me; 17:10ish
    Environmentalism - It sure seems like a worthy cause and there does seem to be quite a bit of evidence but no, it makes me uncomfortable to have to face reality. Instead I will go on internet forums and claim that any companies that benefit are paying off all those scientists to fake volumes of rigorous evidence because corporations are evul
    Artificial sweeteners - They're delicious.
    Clowns - They'll kill you given half the chance. I saw it in a documentary.
    The newer Simpsons series - The new episodes hurt my soul. I support the The Simpsons and Zombie Simpsons distinction.
    These more political type questions are too controversial for my liking. I don't want to have to think about things.

Do you know what the Sicilian Defense is?
    What's your favourite woodworking tool?
    Favourite plant you'd find in a hedge?
    Arc or gas welding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

What is your opinion on the following countys: Cavan, Roscommon, Leitrim and Monaghan.

Do you know what the Sicilian Defense is?
    Something to do with chess. I don't play chess because I'm smarter than the smart people play chess stereotype. Take that television.

What's your favourite woodworking tool?
    That's easy: Wood. I find it widely applicable in these contexts.

Favourite plant you'd find in a hedge?
    I'm not a botanist so I'll just say any plant that isn't field with deadly poison.

Arc or gas welding?
    What is this gas welding? I've only done arc welding before. I stopped once I found out that chicks don't dig it and in fact it can cause them ocular damage. As you may have guessed I am not an expert on the details of welding.

anirishlad wrote: »
    What is your opinion on the following countys: Cavan, Roscommon, Leitrim and Monaghan.
    Bastards.

Here's an IRC-related wordsearch for you.(With a few names duplicated and doctored a small bit.)
    up8ZvU5vyJ.png
    You're looking for:
    Anirishlad, Atomickoala, Blimey, Cakes, Clem, Colm, Conor, Darkonion, Davidius, Deisegirl, Ehrmantraut, Fergus, Jackobyte, Konata, Monzo, Niall, Palytoxin, Pseudofamous, Q, Queenofleon, Robby, Screaminmidget, Slowshow, Soccymonster, Suidivad, Tradoburns, Viriconia

4vNRD.gif
    I didn't do Niall because he never says anything and thus is unrelated. [4th from bottom, left to right LLAIN]. My name doesn't appear in there at all I'm afraid.

If I did anything else wrong it's your fault.

Give us an account of your week.

Would you rather have a 6 inch or 12 inch ruler?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

What is your favourite type of pen? Bic, Staedtler Stick, clicky pen, pen with a little foam grip, those pens that are actually four pens?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement