Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

monaghan cycling routes please.

Options
  • 28-10-2012 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭

just posted this in cavan region ,i'm thinking of driving over monaghan direction in coming weeks looking for good recommended cycling routes scenic quiet roads lanes.;)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Park the car in Scotstown, cycle up to Bragan, there is a big loop up there with lovely views of Ulster. Downhill on the way back, great craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Would you maybe get a better response in the cycling forum do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

girl2 wrote: »
    Would you maybe get a better response in the cycling forum do you think?

yeah i'm usually on the cycling forum but the locals are best to ask,
    besides i'm more into smelling the roses than cycling at break neck speed aroung the lanes :D

Denerick wrote: »
    Park the car in Scotstown, cycle up to Bragan, there is a big loop up there with lovely views of Ulster. Downhill on the way back, great craic!
    would that route be marked on any map thanks.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭bedirect

cycle to tedavnet, follow the road to clogher, you go past an old mushroom factory on your right and you reach Brogan X where you turn left. Follow this road uphill and when you get onto the mountain turn right, stay on this road until you see a road to your right which you take. Its now a good downhill spin to a cross roads, take a right & next left brings you back to Scotstown, should take you 1.5 hours

• Advertisement

bedirect wrote: »
    cycle to tedavnet, follow the road to clogher, you go past an old mushroom factory on your right and you reach Brogan X where you turn left. Follow this road uphill and when you get onto the mountain turn right, stay on this road until you see a road to your right which you take. Its now a good downhill spin to a cross roads, take a right & next left brings you back to Scotstown, should take you 1.5 hours
    excellent thanks for that i will see if i can find that on the map cheers.;)

Advertisement