Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enda Kenny, Blueshirt

Options
  • 27-10-2012 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭

tXMro.jpg

I think this speaks for itself.

Courtesy of the Irish Independant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

While I clicked on to this post to give out calling enda a blue shirt and say it's 2012 not 1930 whatever.... I really ....really....wanted to draw a little tache on that top lip....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

8128664620_aa3136ace1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

What have the blue shirts got to do with Hitler... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

[Jackass] wrote: »
    What have the blue shirts got to do with Hitler... :confused:

Back in the 30s, Irish paramilitaries called the Blueshirts fought for the Fascist side in the Spanish Civil War, alongside German troops. Their political side was pretty much pro-Fine Gael when they emerged.

Your knowledge of Irish history is dubious at best..

The Irish National Guard (Nicknamed the Blue Shirts) were a security organisation to protect Pro-Treaty supporters from attack and murder, similar to the fate of Michael
    Collins.

Public speakers were often attacked by anti-treaty supporters, so the blue shirts would form a security ring to combat the attacks and allow people to speak in public.

They were likend with Musolinis Black Shirt based solely on their uniform than on policies.

Some members of the National Guard fought in the Spanish Civil war as it was a war to defeat communism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Your knowledge of Irish history is dubious at best..

The Irish National Guard (Nicknamed the Blue Shirts) were a security organisation to protect Pro-Treaty supporters from attack and murder, similar to the fate of Michael
    Collins.

Public speakers were often attacked by anti-treaty supporters, so the blue shirts would form a security ring to combat the attacks and allow people to speak in public.

They were likend with Musolinis Black Shirt based solely on their uniform than on policies.

Some members of the National Guard fought in the Spanish Civil war as it was a war to defeat communism.

Somebody has been reading wikipedia. Confirmed by your carbon-copy use of the word 'dubious' in your opening line. Pick up a book on the actions of the blueshirts, and their public demonstrations, intimidation of the public, disorderly behaviour, rampant anti-semitism and downright odious views. They were absolutely fascists who's sympathies lay with other European fascist movements. Eoin O'Duffy was a slimeball of the highest order, who - along with many of his other blueshirt 'comrades', went to Spain in an attempt to uphold a fascist dictatorship.

Don't come on here accusing people of having a 'dubious' command of Irish history, when it's clear you're the one who hasn't read a single shred of paper about the history and actions of the blueshirts, outside a quick glance at the wikipedia entry for it.

Whilst I haven't read the wiki article, I find it hard to believe that it says that Redlion has a dubious understanding of Irish history somehow, so I don't know how you draw the comparison. Or is it because I used a word used in a wiki article in a completely different context? I think your verification of such a fact means you were the one fact checking wiki articles, not me.

Get an education I suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 SiegHeilNosey

Whilst I haven't read the wiki article, I find it hard to believe that it says that Redlion has a dubious understanding of Irish history somehow, so I don't know how you draw the comparison. Or is it because I used a word used in a wiki article in a completely different context? I think your verification of such a fact means you were the one fact checking wiki articles, not me.

You are definately miseducated regarding the blueshirts..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Please demonstrate how my points were from a point of view of someone who is uneducated about the history of the Blueshirts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I saw a chap wearing a blue shirt tonight is, in the chippers. I decked him and his girlfriend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Redlion wrote: »
    Back in the 30s, Irish paramilitaries called the Blueshirts fought for the Fascist side in the Spanish Civil War, alongside German troops. Their political side was pretty much pro-Fine Gael when they emerged.

cool_story_bro_not.gif

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

The Lack of education in the thread is astonishing....

THIS IS WHY THE OTHER COUNTRIES ARE BEATING US!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

The synopsis of the background of the National Guard (Blueshirts) by Jackass is broadly correct.

Advertisement