Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zetor 3511 , more problems !!!

Options
  • 28-09-2011 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

hi all me again , me and my dad bought a 1972 zetor 3511 off a builder a while back , its in a very bad state but we decided to rescue the poor girl from the undergrowth !!! ( pictures to follow ) any way when we eventually got her home we found out that the brakes were siezed on and that she needed major restoration , but we decided to try to start her and she if she would run , fresh diesel , primed the pump , new battery and crossed the starter and away she went !!!!!! just for a second though as there followed a loud bang and then silence , after a lot of stripping we have found out that there was water on the top of one of the pistons and when she fired she blew the top of the piston , bent the con-rod and took a big lump out of the liner , more stripping ensued and after a bitch of a job to remove the liner we have now discovered that the block is also damaged just where the water seal is , so now we are on the look out for a donor tractor or just a complete engine to help us complete our restoration project , we are in north west ireland in a not so sunny town called sligo , we are willing to travel if the parts are what we need and as always CASH is king !!!! pm me if you have anything to suit guys thanks .;D;D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ford4000

You will turn em over by hand first in future Terry !!!!

I was asking about up ere but nowt has turned up, thought i had one but was told it bursted in the frost last winter so feck that, id imagine a 4718 engine would be the same terry they seem pretty plentifull??

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

thanks lad , yeah you live and learn alright , ah we bought her in good faith that she had recently been running , little did we know that yer mans idea of " recent " was 15 years ago !!!!!!! we had a 4718 years ago PEI 872 ! a great ould yoke , should have kept her ! would the bore and stuff be slightly different though ??? ah hopefully something will turn up , thanxs for the reply lad .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Is this yours?

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/2573379

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/2533651

Maybe you could make one good one from two.

The water probably came in through the exhaust.

We had diesel go into the cylinders of a Dexta due to failing to know about a tap on her, and did no harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Tommy Shannon in Killashandra might be worth a call. he has a lot of older machines in teh yard and could have what you're looking for. If not then try John Conaty in kells - 046 9241178.

What about buying spurious parts instead of full engine or tractor?

QTP could be worth contacting.

www.qtponline.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fishcat

Hi,
    I have engine parts for a Zetor 3511 that I collected over some time.
    I have a full tractor also. I may be able to help you out with the parts you need.
    I am based in the midlands.
    Thanks,
    Fishcat

• Advertisement

thanks fishcat , will you pm me your number please and ill give you a bell .

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭John J. Lyons

I have a re-built engine and a complete tractor

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kill the rust

Hi all
    need some help with a 3511 gear selection problem, Have reverse and first gear but cant select anymore gears just stopped selecting no grinding just stopped need help want to restore complete tractor :confused:

sounds like the selectors have come out of line , you need to take of the gear lever assembly , four bolts on top of the gearbox where the gear lever enters the gearbox , when you lift this off you will see a set of sliders and theses should all be in line when the tractor is in neutral and thus allowing the gear lever to travel to whichever gear is intended for selection , you should be able to line these up by hand or with slight pressure from a screw driver , then replace the lever assembly and all should be good .
    let me know how you get on with this , hope it helps .

terry .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 long way togo

have two trying to make one prob bits left over if ya stuck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 zetor fan

fishcat wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a full tractor also. I may be able to help you out with the parts you need.
    Thanks,
    Fishcat

Hi fishcat,
    my 3511 has a gearbox problem. Has only 3 forward gears and a loud grinding noise especially when climbing. Do you have a gearbox and if so how much would you take for it

zetor fan

fishcat wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thanks,
    Fishcat

HI FISHCAT , would you have a roll bar to suit the 3511 ??its the same as the one in these pictures ,

zetor5511finishedwithvideo003_zps1675a8e0.jpg
    zetor5511finishedwithvideo004_zps9540b6b1.jpg
    zetor5511finishedwithvideo005_zps35bed2a9.jpg

Advertisement