Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pimp Your Society/Club - The One And Only Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 JaMurphay

Hey guys,

If you have even the smallest interest in Biology, you should check out BioSoc during Fairs Day ! You don't have to be studying Biology to join us, we are a bunch of like minded people from a variety of disciplines. We have our annual events, competitions, international trip and day trips such as the Sex Quiz, Whittaker Awards, Zombie Crawl, Operation Competition, Photo Competition and a plethora of educational talks. This year we hope to travel to Amsterdam, but this destination may change.

Check out our facebook page for information and pictures of past events.
    Feel free to email us if you have any inquiries :)
    biology@nuimsu.com
    If you wish to join BioSoc, attend our AGM in TH2, Wednesday 26th @ 6:30pm.
    Unfortunately, we are not mentioned in the list of clubs & socs as emails were being sent straight to our spam folder, but we are still around on campus !
    Hope to see many new faces this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 quaverlou

hello friiiiiiiiiiends:D

My name is louise and i am president of music soc,,:D

we will be having loads of events throughout the year, find us on fb or email music@nuimsu.com

many people think the music society is just for music students
    this is sickenly untrue!!:mad: if you like music, listen to music, ever heard a song on the radio, clicked your fingers, danced to music in a nightclub, clapped for a band etc etc..,. you are eligable to join!!. This year is going to be completly different from any other years it's all about making music and having the craic and getting absolutely everyone involved :D

see yaz at clubs and socs!! come and talk to me I will have noms!

* remember the music society is NOT just for music students :D

agm 3rd october, jh3 6-8

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭EmzBoBo

quaverlou wrote: »
    hello friiiiiiiiiiends:D

My name is louise and i am president of music soc,,:D

we will be having loads of events throughout the year, find us on fb or email music@nuimsu.com

many people think the music society is just for music students
    this is sickenly untrue!!:mad: if you like music, listen to music, ever heard a song on the radio, clicked your fingers, danced to music in a nightclub, clapped for a band etc etc..,. you are eligable to join!!. This year is going to be completly different from any other years it's all about making music and having the craic and getting absolutely everyone involved :D

see yaz at clubs and socs!! come and talk to me I will have noms!

* remember the music society is NOT just for music students :D

agm 3rd october, jh3 6-8

.... However, if a music student DIDN'T join the music soc, would it be fair to say that they'd be disowned?? :P :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 quaverlou

EmzBoBo wrote: »
    .... However, if a music student DIDN'T join the music soc, would it be fair to say that they'd be disowned?? :P :rolleyes:

not atall!! I just feel sorry for the ultimate craic they will miss out on! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭EmzBoBo

Seren_ wrote: »
    A few of us are planning on setting up a Pro-Choice soc. If you're interested in getting involved let me know! :)

Definately interested... will yee be at clubs and socs day?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

EmzBoBo wrote: »
    Definately interested... will yee be at clubs and socs day?? :D
    We will indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Pande_monium

philologos wrote: »
    Hi. I was involved with the Christian Union on campus while I was at Maynooth, I know people who are still involved in it. I'd really recommend it, it really stretched me as a Christian while at university. I found that the CU really functioned as a family on campus, I'm sure that's still true.

The main focus of the Christian Union is to provide a place where Christians can grow in fellowship on campus, and also to be a place where people who are seeking or looking to find out more can come and hear about the Gospel. The Christian Union also promote Christianity on campus through debates and wider social events. There's a Tuesday main meeting at 6:30pm in JH6, and Bible studies during the week.

The CU on campus is also linked with 25 other Christian Unions in Ireland and in other countries around the world on a larger level. While I was there we had all-Ireland conferences and every few years there are European conferences.

Take a look at www.maynoothcu.org for the campus society. www.ifesireland.org and www.ifesworld.org will give you a fuller picture of the parent organisation.

Oh and feel free to PM me and ask anything you like :)

Wow sounds great, thanks! I'll definatly be joining it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

I'll be on the stall for judo for most of tomorrow. Any boardsies about then come say hellloooo, I'll be the tallish one with the tight haircut :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

A few of us are planning on setting up a Pro-Choice soc. If you're interested in getting involved let me know! :)
    You should name it the Anti-Life Soc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

K4t wrote: »
    You should name it the Anti-Life Soc.

This probably isn't the thread for that discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

DB21 wrote: »
    This, there are plenty of threads in forums like After Hours where that discussion can (and already is) happening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

What happened...

Was the biggest Soc I was looking forward too :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

GarIT wrote: »
    I'm looking to start a motorsport soc soon so if anyone is interested this is the place to get involved. All help, suggestions and ideas are welcome.

Did this happen? Had a quick look on Wednesday but didn't see anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

djhaxman wrote: »
    Did this happen? Had a quick look on Wednesday but didn't see anything.

Not yet, its complicated to get started and at the moment I'm working at it on my own.

Was a joke. Chilax.

Was a joke. Chilax.
    Judging from the PMs i got about it most people didnt think so John

• Registered Users Posts: 15 PowKitty

Does anyone know if karate is still running? Tried finding them on clubs and soc day :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

PowKitty wrote: »
    Does anyone know if karate is still running? Tried finding them on clubs and soc day :(

No Karate isn't running anymore unfortunately.

Thwip! wrote: »
    Judging from the PMs i got about it most people didnt think so John
    It came across differently in my head than in writing, Jp! I'm pro choice! I was just musing that if you're not pro life you could be judged as being the opposite of which would be anti life?! (which of course is preposterous as nobody is except for serial killers and such..)

p.s. Siomha understood me :(

It came across differently in my head than in writing, Jp! I'm pro choice! I was just musing that if you're not pro life you could be judged as being the opposite of which would be anti life?! (which of course is preposterous as nobody is except for serial killers and such..)

p.s. Siomha understood me :(
    Siomha understands everyone good sir, because she is awesome

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Thwip! wrote: »
    Siomha understands everyone good sir, because she is awesome

Totes want to frame this :P

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 14 marmaladejars

i didn't see femsoc or the pro-life soc on the day, am i able to sign up for them now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I want to be the ultimate soc troll, next year I'll join Christian Union, Skeptics, Pro-Life, Pro-Choice, FemSoc and LadSoc.

GarIT wrote: »
    I want to be the ultimate soc troll, next year I'll join Christian Union, Skeptics, Pro-Life, Pro-Choice, FemSoc and LadSoc.
    they wont care as long as you give in your money :P

The Amnesty International society will be in the arts block all day tomorrow signing people up - they weren't around on fairs day so if you're interested head over tomorrow :)

There's going to be a debate on legalising abortion in Ireland next Tuesday. It's going to be good I'd say ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Meant to post this earlier but HOFSOC will be having their inaugural EGM this Tuesday at 5pm in Meeting Rooms 3&4. Feel free to come late/leave early if you have to. There will be pizza, sweets and (non-alcoholic of course!) drinks available! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Stevonicus

There will be pizza, sweets and (non-alcoholic of course!) drinks available! :)
    A few shnakey naggins will fix that.

I am joking. Good luck with the EGM

Debate between Pro-Choice & Pro-Life societies tonight hosted by the LnD. Motion is "That this House would Legalise Abortion in Ireland".

FB event page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Debate between Pro-Choice & Pro-Life societies tonight hosted by the LnD. Motion is "That this House would Legalise Abortion in Ireland".

FB event page.

So, an evening of calm, friendly, rational discussion? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Meant to post this earlier but HOFSOC will be having their inaugural EGM this Tuesday at 5pm in Meeting Rooms 3&4. Feel free to come late/leave early if you have to. There will be pizza, sweets and (non-alcoholic of course!) drinks available! :)
    Damn, stupid email didn't forward me my messages, i only found out about this after your brother restated his detest at its existence :D Will definitely make it to the next one

Advertisement