Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short odds tennis betting

Options
  • 10-10-2012 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭

Just thought I would mention this to people, see if anyone else does this. A very quick and easy way I find of making a pretty substantial and easy profit, is through betting on a player holding his serve in specific games during a set.

Its as simple as doing a little bit of research, check players rankings, form, what surface their good on and most importantly know if they have a solid serve or not.

I'd usually watch both players serve once or twice to see how the games developing, then decide who I think will win the set, from then on I keep betting on that guy to hold his serve every game. Odds range from 1/2 - 1/14, so you place a big stake to make a small profit, say 100 to win 20, but do it very frequently, and you literally can make a couple hundred euro per day from this if I set your mind to it, while it is also relatively risk free if you're not silly with your picks.. Its pretty easy to see who is up for it and will win a set from pretty early into it.

I'll throw in a few screens of the kind of bets I'm talking about if someone isn't quite getting what I'm saying, I know of people who make bets on who will win games when it is as far as 1/20+ which is probably a safer strategy, but also takes a good bit longer to show a return.

Before someone rants at me saying its a stupid strategy, it really isn't, I've been doing it for ages now, and its pretty easy.

Edit:* Never bet on women

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

The following link is an example of what I'm talking about, the match just ended, I lost the one game but still made a profit of well over 100 euro on the match. The game he lost was a bit of a fluke too, so I'd count myself rather unlucky to not have made a lot more in this instance.

http://www.dowce.com/~Ef8

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭elgriff

Fair play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

I wouldn't advise it , variance and a few lost games in a row will cost you long term , unless you are convinced you are getting value odds , which I doubt you are looking at them odds , you weren't far off winning nothing there , one other result goes against you and you would of been making anything .

I wouldn't advise it , variance and a few lost games in a row will cost you long term , unless you are convinced you are getting value odds , which I doubt you are looking at them odds , you weren't far off winning nothing there , one other result goes against you and you would of been making anything .
    Roughly 200 quid a day on it is pretty easily achievable, like I said in the 1st post, the game that was lost was lets call it a statistical anomaly, (ball catching the net a few times and falling the wrong side), only for that it would have been 250 profit easily, and that was all done in the space of an hour. So what if you make no profit off one match, after a few matches a day, its very easy to make a couple hundred euro.

Its obviously not for everyone but its effective. Yesterday for instance I won something like 35 games in a row, which led to a couple hundred euro profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Roughly 200 quid a day on it is pretty easily achievable, like I said in the 1st post, the game that was lost was lets call it a statistical anomaly, (ball catching the net a few times and falling the wrong side), only for that it would have been 250 profit easily, and that was all done in the space of an hour. So what if you make no profit off one match, after a few matches a day, its very easy to make a couple hundred euro.

Its obviously not for everyone but its effective. Yesterday for instance I won something like 35 games in a row, which led to a couple hundred euro profit.

Are you placing all your bets at paddy power? Have you checked the odds at other bookmakers ? I'm not saying your not making money but i'd be suprised if paddypower has this consistently priced wrong , its a tiny sample size aswell , backing as you are it takes alot of wins to make profit but only a few losses to wipe out your wins and more.

How long are you doing it ? Have you made 200 a day for a long time? Paddy power don't keep winners so id say no is the answer to that , if you were taking them for 200 a day you would be limited within a couple of weeks imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Like most betting systems, you'll win solidly the vast majority of the time but lose catastrophically the rest of the time.

As posters above said; unless market is priced up wrong (which is possible, but unlikely, in televised pro tennis) you are on a long teen loser, but enjoy the ride there's worse ways to gamble!

Its ladbrokes, and I actually got my 1st limited notification a few days ago when trying to bet a few hundred on a game, I'll throw ye some more screenshots if interested. The way I look at it is, I decide if a guy looks strong and will win the set, from then on I back him every time he is serving, usually if someone wins a set, they don't drop their serve, so its the same as betting on someone winning a set really only with potential to win a lot more, with of course the possibility of losing some too. Like I said occasionally I have broken even on a game, but I'm fairly selective about who I bet on.

I don't do it blindly thou, I take multiple factors into it, especially how important the particular game is (their track record with cracking under pressure), as well as momentum,fatigue etc.

You can get fantastic odds on women's tennis actually, but it is way less reliable.

Advertisement