Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Pigeon Shooting in Limerick

Options
  • 03-10-2012 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am planning a day out in Limerick next Month for a group of gents 10-15 of us. (All in our early 40's)

Clay Pigeon Shooting seems to have met with almost universal approval from the gang... now I need to find out where I can do it and what it costs.

Seen three places on the Web.

- Adare
    - Doonass
    - Lazy Dog in Ballintubber, Kilfinane

- Are there any other places ?
    - anybody go to these places listed and what was your experience ? how much did it cost ? and any useful pointers ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

There's a poster here, "bullets" who might have some info for ya. Dunno how often he's around these days.
    I'd be interested in the same info actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I'm still about but lurking mostly, got bored of boards :-) so check in only every once and a while.

Tel number is on this post, not sure if its still the same number
    have not been shooting in quite a while.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66803895&postcount=163

I've brought groups out to:
    Eddie Daly, Rosemount Shooting Club Rathkeale.
    He goes through Safety, can provide the guns, clays, ammo and instruction.
    (It used to be (might still be) Eddie that does the shooting/archery for Adare Manor also)

It was 20 Euros to shoot 50 Clays Not including ammo last time I was there.
    I'm not sure what current Ammo prices are per box of 25 (6 or more Euro I'm guessing) so proabably looking at roughly 32-35 Euros for 50 shots.

It would be best if your bringing a group to agree each person shoot say 50 or 100 and pay the same amount each, rather than each person shooting different amounts. What tends to happen is some poeple will fire very little, some will fire a lot and at the end of the day the price might be based on how total ammo was used rather than what each individual used as Eddie will just open up a big box and go work away lads!.

Not sure of this link will work or not but a rough idea of where the grounds are :
    https://maps.google.ie/maps?q=rathkeale&hl=en&sll=52.453708,-8.761253&sspn=0.135366,0.265732&t=f&hnear=Rathkeale,+County+Limerick&ecpose=52.54087053,-8.94347923,176.81,7.461,0.028,0&z=19

I had thought also there was somebody out near the Golf Ball in Cratloe that was doing clay shooting too
    but I dont have details.

Still no place local to shoot rifle without travelling to the arse end of nowhere.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭phog

bullets wrote: »
    I had thought also there was somebody out near the Golf Ball in Cratloe that was doing clay shooting too
    but I dont have details.

Still no place local to shoot rifle without travelling to the arse end of nowhere.

~B

There certainly is a a clay shoot there, coming from the Cratloe side they are at the last barrier on the right before the turn into the "Golf Ball". I think they go there every Sunday morning. Not sure if they hire out the range or guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Thanks a lot lads.

I will give Eddie Daly a shout so in the coming days and set this up.

Will let ye know how it goes.

rgds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Lazy Dog in Knocklong is about same distance as the lad in Rathkeale. You could always give Ray Sampson a bell too and see what he can offer ya. Details from his website.

LAZY DOG LTD
    BOHERNORE,
    KNOCKLONG,
    CO. LIMERICK.

Phone: +353(0)62 – 53563
    Mobile: +353(0)87 – 9079556
    Fax: +353 (0)62 – 53563
    Email: lazydogshooting@eircom.net

http://www.lazydogshooting.ie/section504355.html

Directions to our Shooting Grounds
    Co Ord N52 360444 W8 414944

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

The place by the gold ball is Doonass Clay Club. Not sure if they do groups

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Doonass-Clay-Pigeon-Club/67358260756?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Thanks again guys.

Will give them all a bell and see what the story is.

Rgds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I'm also going to pop in these guys.

only logged on last night to see how they were getting and they seem to have a decent setup. Id imagine its 40 min from limerick

http://www.knocknagoshelshootinggrounds.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭walsh.peter

+ on the Eddie Daly, was there yesterday and the place is looking great

Advertisement