Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train vs Tank!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Goldeneye?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

From the James Bond movie, not real... an old soviet tank vs an uparmoured soviet train... not a fair match, plus the tank broke up WAY too easily for my liking...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

I'm not an engineer nor a metal worker but I'd take an educated guess and say if that were to happen the tank wouldn't break up, it would twist and warp. I'd also say the train would derail after hitting a solid 15 tonne.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bobmac27

LOL I always wonder that. This is a scene from Gold finger FYI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

tumblr_m7qn77XYUA1r3pbe7o2_500.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Mr. Tezza wrote: »
    uparmoured soviet train

versus a steel plate covered UK class 20 actually...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_20

Train versus Espace
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekpD06P7kiI

Train Versus Nuclear Fuel carrier
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHtRZ_k0s7M
    bobmac27 wrote: »
    LOL I always wonder that. This is a scene from Gold finger FYI.
    Goldeneye

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

doesn't the train look like the eagle from the muppet show?
    sam-the-eagle.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

MiCr0 wrote: »
    doesn't the train look like the eagle from the muppet show?
    sam-the-eagle.jpg

Haha yeah, or the easter island lads....

Easter-786539.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Pfft, Tank Vs Helicopter is more fun:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Pfft, Tank Vs Helicopter is more fun:

Well, if I were ever in a Helicopter trying to take out a Tank, I'd probably try my best not to fly straight at it, from the front, at a very low altitude. But that's just me I guess...

J.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I'm not an engineer nor a metal worker but I'd take an educated guess and say if that were to happen the tank wouldn't break up, it would twist and warp. I'd also say the train would derail after hitting a solid 15 tonne.
    At 36 tonnes a T54 is really only a medium tank. Twice your 15 tonnes but not much more than half the weight of an MBT like the Abrams/Challenger/Merkava. Even the T90 scales in at over three times your 15 tonnes.

Tanks are heavy.
    It's like having two fully loaded gravel trucks in something a lot smaller.

Advertisement