Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Customs Duties & Taxes

Options
  • 03-10-2012 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hello, I am about to order a Halloween costume from America, It is a full body suit of a movie character, It will come to a total cost of €95 which includes the costume and priority delivery. It gives me the choice to add on Pre-Paid Taxes and Duties which then brings the total to €115.

It Says:
    About duties,taxes & others
    If you choose to pre-pay Duties and Taxes, you may avoid customs delays and we guarantee that you will not be responsible to pay anything when your order arrives. If you do not choose to pre-pay Duties and Taxes, you will be responsible for Duties, Taxes and any related charges when your order arrives in your country. Duties and Taxes are calculated and charged by customs in your country.
    We recommend you prepay duties and taxes to avoid delays. If you choose not to prepay duties and taxes, the carrier will contact you to arrange payment.

I was just wondering what percentage would you be sure that I would get charged for customs taxes or duties? I do not want to pay unless I will definitely get charged.

Please Reply As Soon As Possible as I want to order asap.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I think since it's under €150, you don't need to pay customs.

But you do need to pay VAT (23%) + processing fee (€5 from An Post anyways) from the courier.

(95 * 1.23) = €116.85 excluding processing fee.

Probably best to prepay.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dj-kyosho

I recently ordered a pair of running shoes from china and two jerseys.
    The runners cost €25 and the jerseys cost €28.
    I did not have to pay any charges on them?
    I paid the price for the product(included free delivery) and I got them perfectly with no charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

Hi Guys,

you may find this thread helpful ; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055862554

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

Advertisement