Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenroe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Well Holy God :D

Is this the only TV show ever to have a woman on it called "Teasy" and nobody thought that strange lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

RuggieBear wrote: »
    Afraid not...i helped organise 15 years of scripts (from the beggining up till the time i was there) into a coherant resource for the newer writers (so i was able to see all the storylines develop from the start). Also helped to edit an episode once with the director and producer.

*stares in awe at RuggieBear*

I remember finding Glenroe on the telly when I was living in exile in the UK, made me so homesick I'd to stop watching it ... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

If it was back on yeh would watch it, totally agree there should be an Irish Gold channel.

"Hey, where the **** can I find the lyrics for "Byroad to Glenroe"? I had the song on tape -I actually bought the single- many many years ago. The tape is long gone but I still remember the song quite well, I can't think of all the lyrics, so I'd like to find them. Google was no help really.

Can anyone help me out?"

Went summit like, and her hair shone red as the berry on the rowan, her skin was white as the white upon the snow oh how can I forget the moment that I met her, by the side of the hill to the by road to Glenroe..

Well something along those lines anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Always remember just thinking had the teddy bear been wearing a seatbelt, Biddy woulda been grand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

ahhhhh loved Glenroe have to admit ,a mile better than fair ****ty.
    here's to the good auld days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i used to love glenroe it was like a religion in my house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I loved the theme tune.

Do dee doo, do de do de do de do de do. . .

And so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

aw I loved that! always would watch before bed when I was small! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Larkin91 wrote: »
    I loved the theme tune.

Do dee doo, do de do de do de do de do. . .

And so on.

Actually, it was more of a...

Dee dee do doo doo dee dooo dee dooo dee doo, dee doo doo doo doo doo dee doo dee dee doo doooooo :pac:

I liked the show. But it was always a horrible reminder that your weekend was almost over :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Abigayle wrote: »
    I liked the show. But it was always a horrible reminder that your weekend was almost over :(

Yep, I remember it used to be followed by the Daniel O Donnell show for awhile. If i was very lucky I got to stay up to watch that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Agricola wrote: »
    Yep, I remember it used to be followed by the Daniel O Donnell show for awhile. If i was very lucky I got to stay up to watch that!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭hamlet1

i think RTE should have a type of 'gold' channel just like they do in the uk just to show all those old ****ty programs from the 80's. i know they were crap but i bet a lot of people would tune into them just for nostalgia more than anything else. probably be better than the crap thats on RTE lately anyway!
    what a brilliant idea!they could put the riordans on too and wanderly wagon.i'd love all those old quiz shows as well such as quicksilver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Bump...

An episode of Glenroe from March 1994:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Apologies for the lack of opening or end credits.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

RayM wrote: »
    Apologies for the lack of opening or end credits.

Apologies accepted since at that stage they had switched from the iconic original opening theme to the more downbeat, sped up later version.

Having watched the original credits on YouTube recently (there's a link somewhere on Boards...) it struck me that they reminded me of Dallas, for some odd reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

icdg wrote: »
    Apologies accepted since at that stage they had switched from the iconic original opening theme to the more downbeat, sped up later version.

Having watched the original credits on YouTube recently (there's a link somewhere on Boards...) it struck me that they reminded me of Dallas, for some odd reason...
    I still miss Glenroe. Would love if they brought it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

They should have re-vamped the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Dick Moran was such a charmer.

Wonder will they ever bring it back, or something similar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

What was the episode with Dinny selling fresh eggs, but someone went and hard boiled a few and he got found out?

Hum it, ye know ye want to :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SePNWYpb-NQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

There was one line it that always bugged me. Biddy had been away and she was asked "Did you enjoy London"
    And she replied "Yeah we went to see Cats"
    Just annoyed me intensely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Shamrok wrote: »
    I hated Glenroe with a passion. In the eighties, the music was synonymous with me going into a deep depression with the thought of school again on Monday. For me it signalled the end of the weekend.

Edit:
    Sorry, just saw Larianne's similar post!

Glenroe and murphys micro quizim was an institution for me on a sunday night as a child but yes I agree it signalled the end of the weekend I use to go to bed after the news and the news was only 15min on a sunday so i hated the news more.... :)

There was one line it that always bugged me. Biddy had been away and she was asked "Did you enjoy London"
    And she replied "Yeah we went to see Cats"
    Just annoyed me intensely.
    Presumably the musical! Unless she went to Battersea dog and cats home!!! Well holy God!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aidydeptford

RuggieBear wrote: »
    No but i did get to see miley and dinney do a scene in the pub.....dinney pulled an almighty primadonna strop about being left to long in the studio lights (admitedly those tv lights are very warm)

Hi, Can you settle an argument?
    Did the word "feck" appear in Glenroe scripts?

thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Hi, Can you settle an argument?
    Did the word "feck" appear in Glenroe scripts?

thanks
    I think Dinny might have used it from time to time but I may be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Sarky wrote: »
    I met Mick Lally on Shop St. in Galway earlier today.

OMG LOIKE!!!1

That's nuttin! Me and my friend went out on the lash with "Fidelma" one night! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

sudzs wrote: »
    That's nuttin! Me and my friend went out on the lash with "Fidelma" one night! :p

I remember there was an actor from Tralee where I'm from who played the dishy newcomer, Conor maybe? (think he scored with Fidelma). I remember the women in Tralee used to swoon over him if he turned up in one of the bars at the time. Whatever happened to him?? Can't even remember his real name now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Dalken

Mick Lally kicked me in the nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

Old thread dredged up here I know but does anyone recall the plot of the last episode of Glenroe?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Old thread dredged up here I know but does anyone recall the plot of the last episode of Glenroe?

They nuked it from orbit. It was the only way to be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Meth lab raid shootout outside blackky condors hiace

Advertisement