Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Masterpiece / Masterpiece compatible Discussion.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Galvasean wrote: »
    I have a Revoltech G1 Megatron. It's a nice figure... for a Transformer that doesn't y'know, transform.

Ohh just google'd it....very very nice...what height is it? Any acessories?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

Bought all the Transformers Revoltech jobbies...they look awesome. The masterpiece ones I have all except for the Optimus colour changes (white and Black). Bought the sideswipe, soundwave and Red Alert. Also picked up the Sixshot reissue with the free WST Sixshot..sweet. :) I'm a G1 geek so I'll grab anything G1 if my molly will let me (or she can't find out).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Actually, just wondering how have ye them displayed? .

It stops at tastefully stacked boxes shoved in a dark corner.

Apart from the ones I truly love (Sunstreaker being one of those) mine are also stacked in boxes in my attic. Taking over 1/4 of it, but what the hey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

wernstrom! wrote: »
    It stops at tastefully stacked boxes shoved in a dark corner.

Mine haven't even made it to my house yet. Still at my parents and I've only got four.

• Advertisement

Just found this on my phone.... *sobs*....in a bloody box :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

DBK wrote: »
    Just found this on my phone.... *sobs*....in a bloody box :(

thats quite an expensive box right there i bet

Mod: New thread for the G1 redux here.

Not a whole lot by any means but looks good in home office.

088F6BF1-3EEA-4622-8815-81599D1C168B-1509-000001E4380B8534.jpg

14428EFD-75E6-4B00-9955-F73CA9A1E0BE-1509-000001E44B227628.jpg

3599A8AA-103A-47DB-8053-26BD4B04ED8C-1509-000001E44196D172.jpg

thats quite an expensive box right there i bet

Yeah, a little bit. That one is mainly the encore series and Worlds Smallest. There are many more like that about the house. Just would like to display them but I'll have to wait till the kids get a little older. Found one of the heads of a headmaster in my 3yr's toybox that she claimed.

Found one of the heads of a headmaster in my 3yr's toybox that she claimed.

Nebulans get expensive on the aftermarket.

If you've not reclaimed it, do so.

• Advertisement

Nebulans get expensive on the aftermarket.

If you've not reclaimed it, do so.

Ah Gort is safely back in his choppa. Got her a Bumblebee battlebot or something to keep her happy.

Ah Gort is safely back in his choppa. Got her a Bumblebee battlebot or something to keep her happy.

*snort* same year too.

A few questions...

Display cases, where to get them and how much they are? (Needs to be lockable to prevent little hands from playing with the expensive toys)

MPM-02, what size is it in comparison to HftD Optimus and Starscream?

Also, are there any decent movie Megatron (preferably DotM, but any movie version will do) toys that are to scale with HftD Optimus and actually look good?

A few questions...

Display cases, where to get them and how much they are? (Needs to be lockable to prevent little hands from playing with the expensive toys)

MPM-02, what size is it in comparison to HftD Optimus and Starscream?

Also, are there any decent movie Megatron (preferably DotM, but any movie version will do) toys that are to scale with HftD Optimus and actually look good?

I got mine from Ikea and were 50 euro each. Now mine didnt come with locks but I have seen them fitted with locks so they must be available.

A few questions...

1) MPM-02, what size is it in comparison to HftD Optimus and Starscream?

2) Also, are there any decent movie Megatron (preferably DotM, but any movie version will do) toys that are to scale with HftD Optimus and actually look good?

1) Bigger. It's Battle Ops Bumblebee with a new paint job. I'll check how much bigger when i get home

2) What HFTD Optimus? Do you mean the Voyager class one, or the 'Battle damange' repaint of the Leader?

*perplexed*

Revenge of the Fallen Leader Megatron would be you're best bet for Megs

@ Future guy love you're display mate makes me jealous lol

1) Bigger. It's Battle Ops Bumblebee with a new paint job. I'll check how much bigger when i get home

2) What HFTD Optimus? Do you mean the Voyager class one, or the 'Battle damange' repaint of the Leader?

*perplexed*

Didn't know there were two. It's the battle damaged Leader with the hooks.

How big are MechTech Voyager Megatron from DotM and MechTech Shockwave?

@ Future guy love you're display mate makes me jealous lol

haha thanks man, its a work in progress as regards what's actually in there. I would love to spread them further apart and add a 3-ft long waist high cabinet between them showing MP-01 and a few othrs in vehicle mode.

I'm also planning another case with individual shelves for my other childhood loves, namely M.A.S.K, TMNT G1 figures and Nintendo.

Add a 40-inch HDTV above that connected to an Xbox and Man Den is go!

Your two best options based on 'REAL' Transformers are the Henkei/Classics mold, or Alternity Bumblebe.

There was meant to be a classics bumblebee reshell being released by some third party or other, they put a bettle body on the classics mold.

It looks pretty kitbashlike last i saw though...

Went with the Henkei version, looks well in the pics.

• Advertisement

Didn't know there were two. It's the battle damaged Leader with the hooks.

How big are MechTech Voyager Megatron from DotM and MechTech Shockwave?

The the difference in height is about half an inch. Less than i thought.

Can't answer the second part, never opened them.

With the introduction of Sideswipe, Red Alert and Soundwave, are they going to continue and complete the original G1 group, leaving Rodimus out of place, or are they just going to jump back and forward between the originals and the future 2005 ones? Not that I really mind as I think they're great. G1 toys made they way I wish they had back in the 80s.

They'll be jumping.

Well, as long as they bring out my childhood fav Sunstreaker, I won't mind. :)

Well, as long as they bring out my childhood fav Sunstreaker, I won't mind. :)

Not ruled in or out.

Not shortlisted though.

Not ruled in or out.

Not shortlisted though.

Boo. After all the love IDW gave him. Even made him a headmaster. So, we'll be back to remolds with colour changes for the new seekers, then 1 thing different (Galvatron, Magnus with trailer), then a Prime 30th edition, etc... :(

Boo. After all the love IDW gave him. Even made him a headmaster. So, we'll be back to remolds with colour changes for the new seekers, then 1 thing different (Galvatron, Magnus with trailer), then a Prime 30th edition, etc... :(

They've specifically acknowledged that Sideswipe and Sunstreaker are not the same mold, which is something at least.

No more seekers on the cards for now. Hasbro or Takara, original or Coneheads.

This includes a Skywarp from the Mp11 mold.

I wouldn't give up completely.....Some things may be.. .......coming together. :)

Trying to pick up one of those TRU exclusive Masterpiece Thundercrackers at the mo, without much success. Looking to get the TRU Optimus MP10 one too but only available in Asia with the going rate of 180 dollars vs the 99dollars price range given by TRU.

Dunno to pull the trigger and get the OP or wait and see if they release them in November as stated. At 180 quid, might just get the takara one instead.

Trying to pick up one of those TRU exclusive Masterpiece Thundercrackers at the mo, without much success

Success based on...what?

Last i looked eBay prices were averaging $110 plus shipping.... i coughed up $125.... but the seller was subsidising the shipping cost.

. Looking to get the TRU Optimus MP10 one too but only available in Asia with the going rate of 180 dollars vs the 99dollars price range given by TRU.

You're going to be hard pressed to get that for U.S. retail unless you buy it from TRU.com, then have it shipped to a reshipper service like Bundlebox, or know somebody who will go buy you one from a store in the US.

You could possibly try that with Thundercracker?

Dunno to pull the trigger and get the OP or wait and see if they release them in November as stated. At 180 quid, might just get the takara one instead.

Last i heard it was December. And just before that it was 'not coming', and just before that it was 'yes, but'

TRU UK have reportedly not had much success shifting Rodimus... and Grimlock......who you'd expect to do well, hung around for a while.

i've some doubts about how many Primes' they'd order. TRU direct have also repeatedly denied any knowledge of said product... it may not go online at all...or in small amounts. (TRU UK's website does deliver here though)

A pessimistic forecast, but i wouldn't be entirely surprised if TRU have decided not to actually stock it outside of Asia at all.... because they're putting more stock in the Prime FE re-releases, then there are the GDO exclusives as well.

'Iconic character' or not. There hasn't been a new G1 cartoon in over 20 years, the toy costs $100, and people are watching their money...... and it's apparently in ample supply in Hong Kong...in which case... can't entirely rule out the
    idea the entire run was offloaded at the nearest convenient retail point, and left at that.

An announcement along the lines of 'Yeah sorry but.... we're not sure if TRU are actually going to offer it now' at NYCC wound't surprise me.

This is all very gloomy stuff, but the brand as a whole is lurching along at retail at the moment. Even in the US.

Beyond that....... Personally i think the Takara version looks a lot better..... better to the point of the extra cost being good value for money? No... but if i'd seen the Hasbro version when i bought the Takara version.....i would still have bought the Takara version.

• Advertisement

I normally don't shop on ebay as I'd be a) broke and b) divorced as there is so much good vintage G1 stuff up there. I might ask a mate to get Thundercracker for me through that method.

I prefer the Takara stuff myself, dunno why. Might just be the blacked out box that contains something magically. I've never opened my Takara Mp1 and it might even contain a small brick of equal weight for all I know. Unlike the sixshot I bought recently. You could see it was a brick, but that's the way the toy was designed.

Advertisement