Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2012*

Options
1929394959698»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

better to be pleasantly surprised than utterly disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mad Shark

hollingr wrote: »
    better to be pleasantly surprised than utterly disappointed!

Wise owl...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 niamh1994

Just wondering has anyone gone into Trinity to get the screening yet? I've an appointment tomorrow but I can't find my immunisation card from childhood, does this matter or can I do without?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jammiedodge

According to the CAO website, there's been no second round offers for medicine, except at RCSI, which went down from 741 to 740*.....

from what I can remember, all the universities offered a few second round places last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

yeah nasty stuff.. the margins are super tight now no room to breathe whatsoever. hard luck to anyone who is on random selection and didn't get an offer must be heartbreaking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 DrShredded

There is a "RCSI Med Class of 2017" page on facebook now.......just in case any one was interested.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/410869392302643/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭speeding

DrShredded wrote: »
    There is a "RCSI Med Class of 2017" page on facebook now.......just in case any one was interested.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/410869392302643/

There's a link to another one set up by the international students http://www.facebook.com/groups/197582560353941/

2017 doesn't seem that far off really !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 penguin_p

Congratz to those who has been offered a place to study Medicine :) just wondering if any of you got in through DARE?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭spasmaster

Anyone been asked to register at the my.tcd.ie yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

spasmaster wrote: »
    Anyone been asked to register at the my.tcd.ie yet?

not me anyway, their new online system is a joke.

• Advertisement

Well we collect our id cards on the last day so maybe we'll get it tomorrow as the 9th is the last day

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nazata

Well we collect our id cards on the last day so maybe we'll get it tomorrow as the 9th is the last day

ID cards? Today is the last day? :confused:

Still has no one been asked to register?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 karkarpops

Still has no one been asked to register?

Think they've started the batches today, spasmaster, but most likely we'll be one of the last batches :( So we might get the invite tomorrow or Friday? I wanna see our timetable so bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Hey HPAT veterans, question. Did you find there was much mathematical-based questions in Section 1 of the real test? There seems to be quite a lot of that ilk on med-entry and like, it's not that I'm bad at maths but I just cannot do most of those types of problems in eighty seconds. But I just flicked through the sample papers and didn't come across any sort of mathsy problem on a quick glance-through...so yeah, I was just wondering. Also do Codes ever come up? Are the questions as crazy as some of the med-entry questions, I dunno if anyone else has it but problem-solving drill 2 and both the clocks and the test-rigging one...giant meh, barely had the time to comprehend working them out and I still went over twenty minutes. Bleh.

Also, while I'm here...is it just to be accepted that you'll never have enough time to complete S1 to the best of your ability? Any helpful strategies one could use? Also did anyone who did med-entry find parts of the real thing to be easier/harder?

*breathes*

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mad Shark

speeding wrote: »
    There's a link to another one set up by the international students http://www.facebook.com/groups/197582560353941/

2017 doesn't seem that far off really !!

it seems that once the CAO results came out for med for 2012 that everybody stopped using this board - its a shame after all that anticipation and build up - it felt i was getting to know ye guys !!! Missing all that chat!! Anyway the very best of luck to ye all.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13 qazokm

hi guys i was wondering if there is anyone who wants to team up to get the ******** group discount??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Mad Shark wrote: »
    it seems that once the CAO results came out for med for 2012 that everybody stopped using this board - its a shame after all that anticipation and build up - it felt i was getting to know ye guys !!! Missing all that chat!! Anyway the very best of luck to ye all.....

We have a graduates forum for people who have completed the leaving cert, you can still hang out with us if you want :p PM Queen of Leon or Randy for access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Slow Show wrote: »
    Hey HPAT veterans, question. Did you find there was much mathematical-based questions in Section 1 of the real test? There seems to be quite a lot of that ilk on med-entry and like, it's not that I'm bad at maths but I just cannot do most of those types of problems in eighty seconds. But I just flicked through the sample papers and didn't come across any sort of mathsy problem on a quick glance-through...so yeah, I was just wondering. Also do Codes ever come up? Are the questions as crazy as some of the med-entry questions, I dunno if anyone else has it but problem-solving drill 2 and both the clocks and the test-rigging one...giant meh, barely had the time to comprehend working them out and I still went over twenty minutes. Bleh.

Also, while I'm here...is it just to be accepted that you'll never have enough time to complete S1 to the best of your ability? Any helpful strategies one could use? Also did anyone who did med-entry find parts of the real thing to be easier/harder?

*breathes*

Hey I can't really remember a lot of maths based questions but I think there was a code one (although I'm not sure exactly what you mean).

I scored in the high 70s in this years hpat (think it could have been 80s actually, was the only one that wasn't a disaster anyway) in section 1 and I finished comfortably in terms of time, but section 1 has always been the only one I don't completely hate, so different courses for different horses perhaps?

I actually did that same drill you're talking about today, and whilst I managed to get the clocks one right, I for sure don't remember anything as difficult as that test leaking master key bananas question.

Advertisement