Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hearthfire

Options
  • 29-08-2012 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

What the hell is this? Build your own house, adopt a kid. What the hell! Is it the sims or Skyrim, jesus wept.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

What's wrong with it?

Skyrim is an open-world game. The whole point is to do what you feel like doing. If that involves getting married and setting up a home, you can do that. Hearthfire is just an extension on the existing mechanics of marriage and home owning. I think it's a good idea and I'm looking forward too it.

In any case, if you don't like it, nobody is forcing you to drop the €5 Bethesda want for it.

Whatever about adopting a kid (pointless), building a house is fairly nice. That said, I really was slightly disappointed that I couldn't build a Tower of Babel style castle! ;o)

Seriously though, the house is pretty decent, I'm unable to by the house in Windhelm because of a game bug (some Nord killed herself), so never had the container space I needed (I always really loved Frostcraig Spire's cellar).

Plus, loads of mannequins to display my cool suits of armour and having all forging stuff in the house is handy.

All in all, I'm happy with the purchase.

Druss.

Blog:
    www.huntforageharvest.com

Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/#!/druss_rua

Please "Like" my Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/HuntForageHarvest

• Registered Users Posts: 42 R.W Callaghan

They should be focusing on getting Dawnguard finally on the PS3:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Has anyone downloaded it yet?

What is it like?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 the_truth12

it's a very boring DLC

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Has anyone downloaded it yet?

What is it like?

Pretty much what it says on the tin
    Have the PC version
    Build 3 houses in specific areas with feck-tons of clay , lumber and iron.
    Few different options as to whats in each wing of the house.
    The house themselves are'nt bad , by the way , they'd be of the standard of something like riverside lodge mod .Nice and big.There's an option to make a trophy room , which in turn lets you make large wax works style trophies on pedastals Usuall this involves some body parts and lots and lots of straw, so you 'll have lots of taxidermy spiders, wolves, skeletons etc (no humanoids though though as that's just a bit creepy).
    There's also an 'adopt-a-sprog' option. (2 actually) , so if you felt sorry for the orphans in Riften..
    after you killed the head of the orphanage
    you can adopt some of them, its not rally for me but each to their own I guess.I think you get the odd bonus item from them.

On the whole its not 'horse armor 'level DLC , but its nowhere near the content of Dawnguard , so its just about worth the five euro price (although getting the U.S. price of five dollars would have been nicer, damn you valve and your €=$ pricing!)

TBH I'd be more interested in what modders do with the base code than the actual mod itself ('glorious pc gaming master race obviously, not the xcube 720').If you have the unofficial Skyrim patch , (and you should do) its worth noting that it breaks...something....in it...and you may have a few CTDs , its currently being worked on.

Advertisement