Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    frostie500 wrote: »
    Anyone know when Coaches Cam will be available on Gamepass?

it is already available!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Watched the condensed game for the first time.... wow every play bang bang bang. A couple more replays of plays would be good especially on catches that are hard to spot on first showing. Other than that great way to catch a game you are interested in but don't have 3 hrs for. I'll be taking in the other AFC West team's games this way starting with Atlanta KC.

Don't forget if you watch the archived game they cut out all the ads so it's a good bit shorter than 3 hours, usually under 2 hours so if it's a game I'm interested in I'll do that rather than the condensed version though I agree it's a great feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

it is already available!

Cool! I logged in yesterday to try and watch it for the Giants Cowboys game and it was grayed out for me

• Registered Users Posts: 20,087 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i won a few € on the cowboys , and was thinking of getting gamepass. Can you watch this through the apple TV or PS3 ?, I'm not keen on watching stuff off my laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    2smiggy wrote: »
    i won a few € on the cowboys , and was thinking of getting gamepass. Can you watch this through the apple TV or PS3 ?, I'm not keen on watching stuff off my laptop.

I don't know about the PS3 but there's no NFL app on the ATV. The NFL are usually ahead of the game and the fact that Apple got the other 'big 4' sports to sign up makes it a bit of a mystery as to why it isn't there.

Have you thought about connecting your computer to your TV? That's what I'm going to do using the HDMI ports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,087 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I have in the past connected the laptop to the tv, i was just hoping there would be a nice handy solution using either the ATV2 or the PS3. I had seen the MLB app on the ATV2 before. It's a bit strange they have not got the gamepass one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

adrian522 wrote: »
    Don't forget if you watch the archived game they cut out all the ads so it's a good bit shorter than 3 hours, usually under 2 hours so if it's a game I'm interested in I'll do that rather than the condensed version though I agree it's a great feature.

Forgot that!. Like u if it is my Bolts playing and I don't see it live eg. next monday nites game!, I'll watch the archived game over 2 hours!!. Result!.

2smiggy wrote: »
    I have in the past connected the laptop to the tv, i was just hoping there would be a nice handy solution using either the ATV2 or the PS3. I had seen the MLB app on the ATV2 before. It's a bit strange they have not got the gamepass one

I'd love to see Gamepass on the PS3, only a matter of time surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭fermoyboy

Watched the game on gamepass Wednesday night and every few minutes a VoiceOver kept coming on saying "For NFL fans outside the US.........." It was an advertisement for gamepass. There was no way to turn this off or mute it etc and was annoying as 1. I already have a season pass and 2. I was trying to watch the game!!!

Has this happened anyone else?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

fermoyboy wrote: »
    Watched the game on gamepass Wednesday night and every few minutes a VoiceOver kept coming on saying "For NFL fans outside the US.........." It was an advertisement for gamepass. There was no way to turn this off or mute it etc and was annoying as 1. I already have a season pass and 2. I was trying to watch the game!!!

Has this happened anyone else?

did you leave the original browser window open?

As in when you go to game pass and click launch it opens a new window, sometimes the original window will have that video add playing so maybe check that if the same thing happens again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Is this right? I watched Giants-Cowboys on Thurs morning, still with all the ads. Archived, obviously, not live.

Yeah it takes them a few hours to do it but it was fine for me after work yesterday, no ads.

did you leave the original browser window open?

As in when you go to game pass and click launch it opens a new window, sometimes the original window will have that video add playing so maybe check that if the same thing happens again.

that sounds like the problem all right!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Love the way you can choose which audio source to use as well (Broadcast, Team X or Team Y), I just noticed that.

By the way, how many people bit and ended up buying Game Pass during the week? :D

I cant find the redzone button, anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I cant find the gamepass button, anyone else?

You mean Red Zone? I can't see it on mine.

Technical issues according to their rep on NFLUK. They're aware of the problem and are working on it apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It doesn't bother me to be honest, but do the scores always run along the bottom of the screen on the live broadcast of games?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

No blackout on game pass for me. I'm getting Bears v Indy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,189 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    If anyone is still considering it, go the VPN route. I can confirm it is working for free with no blackouts! RedZone also works.

Delighted I accidentally went on there with my dutch vpn connected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Is anyone having trouble logging into game pass? I can get in at all, it asks for password but goes blank then

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

wawaman wrote: »
    Is anyone having trouble logging into game pass? I can get in at all, it asks for password but goes blank then

Try gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/console.jsp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    I still have no red zone :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Brian017

How do you change the audio?

Brian017 wrote: »
    How do you change the audio?

I wouldn't bother. It's a few seconds behind the play. To do it you hover over the little wheel thingy beside the volume button

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

I still have no red zone :-(
    I re launched it and red zone is back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Stupid question but where should red zone show up?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,189 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

wawaman wrote: »
    Stupid question but where should red zone show up?

gamepas11.png

Reading the NFLUK forum and there were loads of people with problems. Some are even calling for refunds. I was watching the Redskins v Saints game and for the most part it went ok with only a few freezes. I did have problems when I had two screens open with Redzone in the second one but I enjoyed my first week with Gamepass.

It was also nice to actually get the game break when I'm used to just silence when ever they said that when I was watching on Sky

• Advertisement

Redzone was not working for me... but apart from that all is good.

Advertisement