Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BMW Championship

• 04-09-2012 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭

This week and next week, and Ryder cup, are my biggest punts of the year.
    Great value with the reduced field.

I'm on John Senden at 66's, Ricky Fowler at 70's, and Mark Leishman at 200's.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Dr.Silly wrote: »

Agee with Senden,huge price.
    Thinking Luke may be worth a pop @25/1

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

Dustin Johnson, lengthy course sure to suit the long hitters, price tight mind.

Dustin Johnson, lengthy course sure to suit the long hitters, price tight mind.
    Is the rough bad,do you know?
    I know they have narrowed some fairways so thought it might not be the normal bombers paradise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Maybe a reduced field but playing on a course none of them have played on before completely reduces the punters edge/value in this.

That said I will be on Rory, Stricker and Petterson, because I can't help myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,040 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

this could be my last week punting if dont have a profitable week. not had one in while and even though made tidy profit this year its nothing on previous years. ad balance is going down for few weeks steady. But in this game your going to have bad streaks.

Dufner, Watney and Z Johnson(again) for me.

Dustin might win, but no value what so ever there.

• Advertisement

heavyballs wrote: »

Agee with Senden,huge price.
    Thinking Luke may be worth a pop @25/1

Left Senden out,Donald @25/1 e/w top 5

Klm Anders Hanson @25/1 and Marcus Frazer @ 50/1 both e/w 6 places

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Garcia @ 25/1
    Bradley @ 28/1`
    Colsaerts and McIlroy @ 135/1, worth a couple of quid.

I know the field is much weaker in Holland this week, and he is a Major champion. But I was a tad disappointed at Kaymer's odds not being around 20/1 if not even higher considering his form. Was thinking he'd want to show this week that he has his game in good order with the Ryder Cup just around the corner. Oh well, probably a good thing since he's always imploded when I've had money on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Dufner
    Bubba
    Pettersson
    McDowell

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭rehssu

Dustin in BMW
    Joost in KLM

Both fook all value but should be in the mix

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

heavyballs wrote: »
    Is the rough bad,do you know?
    I know they have narrowed some fairways so thought it might not be the normal bombers paradise.

Only going by the pga tour guide, looks tough enough, but length will be a big edge, of course if you can keep it straight.

• Advertisement

-Ade- wrote: »

I know the field is much weaker in Holland this week, and he is a Major champion. But I was a tad disappointed at Kaymer's odds not being around 20/1 if not even higher considering his form.

Pretty sure he was 20/1 Ade, Chapman tiped him in yesterdays post and the headline was 20's, in work so cant check to see which bookies it was but it was available, and Im sure BF was similar if not bigger.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Pretty sure he was 20/1 Ade, Chapman tiped him in yesterdays post and the headline was 20's, in work so cant check to see which bookies it was but it was available, and Im sure BF was similar if not bigger.

I missed out so :pac:

Odds must have come in at the time of my post so. On Oddschecker he was averaging around 17/1 across the board, Colsaerts slightly less at around 15 or 16/1.

-Ade- wrote: »
    I missed out so :pac:

Odds must have come in at the time of my post so. On Oddschecker he was averaging around 17/1 across the board, Colsaerts slightly less at around 15 or 16/1.

Once Chapnman tips anyone up they usually contract by a couple of points automatically, no idea why myself, there are far better Golf tipsters that him and personally Iwhile I read all the tipsters columns I always do my own research, much more satisfying when you scoop the big one.

That said I wouldn't have touched Kaymer this week but he has started very well alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,040 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Once Chapnman tips anyone up they usually contract by a couple of points automatically, no idea why myself, there are far better Golf tipsters that him and personally Iwhile I read all the tipsters columns I always do my own research, much more satisfying when you scoop the big one.

That said I wouldn't have touched Kaymer this week but he has started very well alright.

I never go with tipsters as they tend to go against my own style of betting, but who would in your opinion be better?

Think this guy http://www.nics-value-picks.com/ is very very good, I usually do my own research and come up a shortlist of say 7 or 8 then cross check with he's

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

nice bet on mickie at 3s for me
    not worried bout vijay so a 2 shot lead on
    the rest makes it decent enough value imo

Advertisement