Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Arrogance of Betfair ! ...live streams restrictions

Options
  • 05-09-2012 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭

Place a bet today. Only €2 euros to lose €4. I went to view the live stream and it states:

"you must have a larger bet on to view the stream"

When did this come into effect? No customer warning.

I noticed last week that they stopped you viewing the stream if your bet was unmatched. This I thought was a bad enough decision, because if you had the stream you might react and ensure it matched at lower odds.

And all this just comes after a few weeks where I had decent size bets on, only for the stream to fail due to "technical issues".

I was actually considering complaining about the persistent loss of streams but now I see they have the cheek to say my matched bets are too small to allow me view stream.

*looks for alternative options*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭famagusta

Got sick of betfair, on betdaq mostly now and all is well except liquidity is low on some markets.

lower commission too!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johnny Cage

I think the minimum is €5 now, if you place a bet and immediately scratch you can view the stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Just place €5 on the market in question then lay the same bet for €3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

I think the minimum is €5 now, if you place a bet and immediately scratch you can view the stream.

€5 isn't enough:mad: must be over €5

and it you lay €2 to lose €10...you still can't view:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

The majority of betfair streams are also hosted by bet365 and viewable on 365 without requiring a stake, only need a small deposit in the account. That being said i have no problem viewing any live streams on betfair without a stake in the game. Thats probably because i have a large balance on there, so i suppose they have a deposit limit to allow you to view free streams.

• Advertisement
Advertisement