Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Madden BFL - Fantasy NFL League interest?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Team I drafted:

QB: Rodgers :D
    HB: Turner, Thomas
    WR: Green, Britt, Young
    TE: Witten
    FLEX: Finley
    D/ST: Chiefs
    K: Jason Hanson

SUBS: Ponder (QB), Woodhead (HB), Thomas (WR), Robinson (WR), LaFell (WR), Collie (WR), Lewis (TE)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Fecker, you nabbed ponder from under my nose and I ended up with gabbert as my backup, hopefully Stafford doesn't go down or I'm ****ed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

QB : RG3
    RB: LeSean McCoy
    RB: Cj Spiller
    WR: Greg Jennings
    WR: Victor Cruz
    WR: Vincent Jackson
    TE: Brent Celek
    Flex: Jeremy Maclin
    D: Falcons
    Kick: Mike Nugent

Back QB is alex smith..... oh dear. If Maclin stays fit he could be the best flex on the market..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Great team there dave

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Smith was a decent fantasy QB last year, not great by any means but solid, consistent 10 points per game, decent backup I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Managed to make divisions for the Fantasy League, did a random draw using Excel and we now have four divisions.

So division winners and the two wildcards will make the playoffs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I'm not happy we've set up divisions. It is an impediment to the best teams getting through to the playoffs.

FOr whatever reason when everyone was in one division, each team had a bye week, which makes no sense for fantasy football. Divisions fixed that problem.

Well I suppose that makes it worth it.

Looking to trade Vincent Jackson for a running back any takers ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Dave what team are you?>

Team duffy

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I've dropped in a few RBs there to FA if u want to take a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Has everyone got there team's ready to go? :p

Heli you dropped Wells to waivers and I claimed him. I want to make sure that wasn't a mistake as you don't typically see starting RBs on waivers.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Heli you dropped Wells to waivers and I claimed him. I want to make sure that wasn't a mistake as you don't typically see starting RBs on waivers.

No fire away mate, happy with the other RBs I have

You're new to this aren't you? If you are, a little tip. Cutting Wells was foolish. You may think he's worthless but in a league with 2 RBs and a flex there will always be HB-needy guys who you can sell guys like Wells to and you could've traded him for a start-worthy WR.

Indeed I am.. But the best way to learn is to make your own mistakes

Proposed a trade to you there ROB. David Wilson for Ryan Williams.

• Advertisement

matthew8 wrote: »
    Proposed a trade to you there ROB. David Wilson for Ryan Williams.

Thanks but no thanks man, no interest, especially after Wilson's 'performance' the other night.
    Think Ryan Williams has much better chance to start than David Wilson and not inclined to give you Beanie Wells handcuff

Well week 1 it's me and mikemac and we're headed for a grandstand finish. At first it seemed I was off to the races with Garcon and Graham beasting it up early but the gap has been closing. 84.8-72.7 to me, I have BJGE and Kaeding to play while mike has Rice and Malcom Floyd.

Anybody else hate the ESPN layout? Just not easy on the eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Raoul wrote: »
    Anybody else hate the ESPN layout? Just not easy on the eyes.

yep its awful

yep its awful

I literally can just about be bothered to change my team due it being so awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Missed the draft as I forgot my username and password and my password to my email address :rolleyes:

Very helpful Indian chap sorted out my Yahoo account this evening

Another thumbs down for the ESPN layout, a blind person designed this as it sure isn't user friendly

Had a good week in the fantasy football...

Had a good week in the fantasy football...
    Good for you :mad:

Rob.. im amazed i got some points to be honest!

• Advertisement

Top of the league... get used to it. This week it's me against Raoul.

Advertisement