Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Introduce yourself / Roll call 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭theGavin

Ele92 wrote: »
    Looks like I'm doing computing in ITT! :)

Congratulations man. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ele92

Awkward, I'm actually one of the few girls that will be in the course, but thanks :P

Awkward, I'm actually one of the few girls that will be in the course, but thanks :P

Congratulations female :D

You're the only one? :eek: Usually there's a few, and then unfortunately the numbers dwindle down (both blokes and girls). In my year there is only two remaining girls.

Excited about college? :D

One of few I'm presuming, I don't know how many other girls there are but I've heard computing isnt the most popular course regarding girls! Yes very, hearing nothing but positive comments about ITT so I cant wait :) Just gotta get myself a job now so I can move closer to the college!

One of few I'm presuming, I don't know how many other girls there are but I've heard computing isnt the most popular course regarding girls! Yes very, hearing nothing but positive comments about ITT so I cant wait :) Just gotta get myself a job now so I can move closer to the college!

You're gonna love it, some of the lecturers are very good, especially Howell who will be your software development lecturer for the first year.

Are you hoping to continue on doing Computing or go onto IT?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Welcome to ITT :)

Probably continue with computing but I'm not 100% yet, gonna wait and see! :)

Here's a program you'll become familiar with in a few weeks http://scratch.mit.edu/ . Even thought I hated it, it's really good to get your mind wrapped around certain programming concepts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GrahamH220

Alright lads! Going into my first year of computer science!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ElectroJazz

Well it looks like I'll be joining half of the people in this thread, starting first year in computing this month :D

• Advertisement

GrahamH220 wrote: »
    Alright lads! Going into my first year of computer science!

Well it looks like I'll be joining half of the people in this thread, starting first year in computing this month :D

Welcome aboard lads/ladettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DeXtER1978

Hey

My name is Del (mature student) starting Computing - had to rely leaving cert points as I just missed out as a mature student because of the huge numbers applying I was told, Im hoping I made the best choice as I also got offered the hons degree in Blanch.

Dying to start the course - 4years seems long but its gonna fly I've been told :

A wee bit nervous too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Sorry to break the tend people but goin into 2nd year accounting :P

DeXtER1978 wrote: »
    Hey

My name is Del (mature student) starting Computing - had to rely leaving cert points as I just missed out as a mature student because of the huge numbers applying I was told, Im hoping I made the best choice as I also got offered the hons degree in Blanch.

Dying to start the course - 4years seems long but its gonna fly I've been told :

A wee bit nervous too :p

Hey Del. Yeah, 4 years does seem long, but in all honesty it flies by, especially if you enjoy the course.
    tkd93 wrote: »
    Sorry to break the tend people but goin into 2nd year accounting :P

You're the WORST kind of person.

Excited about going into second year? How did you find first year?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Hahahaha your terrible.

Very easy class sizes were always small , lectures very helpful. Good support network and laods of clubs and societies.

Very good college cant fault it.

tkd93 wrote: »
    Hahahaha your terrible.

Very easy class sizes were always small , lectures very helpful. Good support network and laods of clubs and societies.

Very good college cant fault it.

Yeah I think it's a great college. Only thing they could improve would be the size. I wouldn't mind it being a bit bigger. Computer labs can get a bit cramped.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

theGavin wrote: »
    Yeah I think it's a great college. Only thing they could improve would be the size. I wouldn't mind it being a bit bigger. Computer labs can get a bit cramped.

It's just as well we never once had a full class last semester. One of our computer classes was in a room that held about 24. There were supposed to be 36 in the class!

Not doing computing, doing Engineering so we probably got dumped with the smallest class rooms and the Windows 95 computers. :pac:

I am curious about how many will be back this year. We had four groups of 16 last September but between 8-12 in each group by January. Mine was down to 5 and another down to 2 by the time the exams came around.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

Haha This isnt even a real College!!

bobjimmy wrote: »
    Haha This isnt even a real College!!

hatersgonnahate.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Two Doors Down

Anyone else doing Sport Science and Health in Tallaght? Haven't come across anyone yet? :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 phil_h_1993

2nd year pharma science :)

2nd year pharma science :)

When you learn how to make meth, hit me up :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

When you learn how to make meth, hit me up :cool:

offtopic but watch breaking bad and skip the middle man :) Saw a load of people being shown around today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GrahamH220

Looking at the Moodle timetable for computing class 1A, it's harsh! Wont be able to work on Wednesdays anymore because I'm not off til six. Doesn't seem to be any breaks/lunch in there either so hopefully it's just a draft. 1B have a great timetable on the other hand..

At least you got a timetable on Moodle. No sign of one from the Engineering Dept. :(

Oh that does look crap, glad I'm in 1b :) Only starting at 2pm on Friday? That is a bit harsh.

As always, 1B are a bastard.

Back in the morning and I'm still WIDE awake :(

Not all bad as I forgot to stick my phone on charge earlier so wouldn't have been going asleep straight away anyway, but that was two hours ago now!

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Back in the morning and I'm still WIDE awake :(

9am start on a Monday too? :(

• Advertisement

9am start on a Monday too? :(

9am start every day! :( I was having nightmares of double maths first thing on Monday, that would be incredibly cruel. Thankfully it didn't happen. Half day on Friday is great news :D

Advertisement