Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question about PP's free bets

Options
  • 29-08-2012 11:24pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Had a €2 free bet this evening. Put it on a 9/4 bet midway through the Real Madrid vs Barca game. I could be wrong, but I think something went weird with it.

It's saying the returns would have been (it lost, btw) €6.50; that, if my math is right, is including the €2 the "free bet" gave me, which isn't how it usually works, right? Plus I think my account was docked €2 as well. At first I thought it was a bet where you had to put €2 on to get the €2 free bet, but then the winnings would have been higher, right?

Or am I missing something obvious here? It looks to me like my "free bet" wasn't a free bet but just took the money from my account as if it was a normal bet....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I think the stakes are not refunded on Free Bets.
    It doesn't sound like you got a Free bet if the stake was deducted from your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Did you select your free bet from the dropdown menu in your betslip when you were placing the bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I did use the free bet option from the drop down box. And it says "Freebet redeemed" on the slip when I go to my account.

Annoyingly, they've now dropped the "Returns" to 0.00, so I can't post a screenshot saying that the returns would have been €6.50. But I'm 99% sure that it just took the money from my account as opposed to just giving me two Euro free...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I emailed Paddy Power. They said I used my free bet and not any cash from my account. I really do feel differently, but I guess that's the end of it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Well you should be able to trace funds in-and-out of your account using account history to verify that the free bet was used or not.

Advertisement