Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question.

Options
  • 24-08-2012 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, as I don't do airsoft anymore, yet I still enjoy shooting targets and just cans, think it's okay to drive to beach at night time say about 11:40 PM when there is no people and shoot cans? I know it's public place but there is absolutely no one around. or perhaps there are better places which is okay to do that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

you may find yourself here

• Registered Users Posts: 14,512 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

For the love of god don't use it in a public place, the law doesn't care that there's nobody around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

What Blay said. A public beach is a public place, and you're still doing something illegal even if nobody can see you (protip: this also applies to other crimes :-))

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

whydave wrote: »
    you may find yourself here
    thats the training centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

okay guess I can scrap my plans so. Thanks for answers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭BankshotDrew

Go into your room and pull over the curtains. Shoot away at cans till your finger is tired. You might have to borrow the hoover afterwards.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Go into your room and pull over the curtains. Shoot away at cans till your finger is tired. You might have to borrow the hoover afterwards.....

I'd be afraid of ricochets shooting at that close range. My TM P226 can send a bb over 40 metres before it starts to lose momentum. Lucky me has a back garden that's over 50 metres in length though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭BankshotDrew

I'd be afraid of ricochets shooting at that close range. My TM P226 can send a bb over 40 metres before it starts to lose momentum. Lucky me has a back garden that's over 50 metres in length though:D

Wearing eye protection I'm not that worried, but some people might not have a backyard so I didn't suggest that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

I am also a plinker and my solution is as follows.

• Print out some targets from here
    • Tape it to the front of a cardboard box (sourced from work or supermarkets).
    • Place a towel/towels (depending on size of the box) inside the box to stop the bbs going out the other side.
    • Place the box on the back of a chair, leaning against my hall door.
    Then standing in the kitchen extension, about 25-30ft away, with the blind pulled, I can shoot to my hearts content. Nobody is any the wiser regards my hobby and I haven't had the ARU come calling yet (touches wooden item :) ) And there is no/hardly any stray bbs to clean up as they are all inside the box ;)

Advertisement