Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Airsoft Association membership cards

Options
  • 24-08-2012 7:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Ok so here is my dilemma, I made payment to the IAA on the 15 th of March 2012..... They set up a recurring payment on my PayPal account for €10.79 for membership and was advised that my membership card etc would be sent a short time after....Well it's almost been 6 months and I have heard nothing at all from anyone representing the IAA....

Can anyone comment on how to get in touch with them or what the process of complaint is????

Many Thanks

Outlaw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

Did you consider contacting them via their website? Lots of useful info there like an email address.there's also their fb page.

They've also a stand at salute this weekend so you can talk to some of them face to face though I'm not sure who will be there

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭The_Outlaw

Faolchu wrote: »
    Did you consider contacting them via their website? Lots of useful info there like an email address.there's also their fb page.

They've also a stand at salute this weekend so you can talk to some of them face to face though I'm not sure who will be there

Hi Faolchu, thanks for the reply...

Yeah I contacted them a few times via the website, I got the usual response, we will get around to it. We need to wait for more members to join.....

I understand that but it's still been months and nothing..... I can't make it to Salute this weekend..... So that's that idea out the window.... Guess I will try once more via the website....

Reason I asked on here is I remember a thread on boards after I signed up and it was complaint after complaint about the same issue... I can't find it now but remember alot of people were not happy with the IAA.... I'm wondering if that has changed in 6 months......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

if you take the time to check the IAA news thread you will see they have a new committee. give them a chance to find their feet and get the ball rolling on any backlogs of stuff to get sorted they may have.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

Please email info@irishairsoft.ie with your query regarding your membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭The_Outlaw

thermo wrote: »
    if you take the time to check the IAA news thread you will see they have a new committee. give them a chance to find their feet and get the ball rolling on any backlogs of stuff to get sorted they may have.

Thermo, as a mod I would expect you to have some consideration for members of the boards from time to time..... It would also be nice of you to get all your facts before making remarks.....

I emailed the IAA and this morning i got the exact same response as I did 6 months ago.... I am giving the new committee the benefit of the doubt here but I didn't want to leave it another 6 months before speaking up as I would get the same cold response from you as I just got.....

Again I will give the new committee another few weeks before making any more comments about the membership issue....

On a side note if a new committee was taken on a few weeks ago what happened with the committee that was elected last march???? Is a committee not ment to serve a year in office?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

The_Outlaw wrote: »

On a side note if a new committee was taken on a few weeks ago what happened with the committee that was elected last march???? Is a committee not ment to serve a year in office?????

in general yes but if individuals resign as has happened then the remaining members can co-opt someone in as an intrim replacement until the next general meeting at which point the co-opted person steps down but can run for reappointment should they wish

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

All outstanding memberships are expected to go out next week. The hardware for printing up the cards will be handed over to the new committee this weekend.

Advertisement