Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smarkets

Options
  • 21-08-2012 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭

Anyone else use them?

I was attracted to the 2% commission rate & saw that liquidity on major football was quite strong. I arb Powers shop specials a lot & 2% commission makes a huge difference.

In terms of experience so far:

1. The website isn't the greatest to navigate. Seems to only work properly on Firefox
    2. You can't deposit via the mobile website but free to deposit via Visa debit. Any winnings above what you've deposited have to be refunded via bank transfer but again it's free
    3. Customer service seem decent enough & the reply time is quite quick
    4. Liquidity on horse racing is improving daily
    5. Have had no problems depositing or withdrawing but they do require the usual ID checks when withdrawing

Overall I'd give them a 7/10

Just looking to hear had other people used them & their experiences

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Never even heard of them but will give it a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Never even heard of them but will give it a look

+1

Betdaq tried the cheaper commission years ago but the liquidity was rubbish.
    Hopefully this crowd are a bit better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

They are a decent outfit , they are same odds as betfair generally but with 2% comission I used them alot when they were 1% but they only had GBP currency back then , they have euro now , I stopped using them after they set up charges for depositing over 500 i think it was with moneybookers and also only one free withdrawal a month.

They've had a few open days in london , Justin is a sound guy who runs it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

It's free to deposit/withdraw via Visa Debit

Also free to withdraw via bank transfer as long as your bank account is in an EEA country. The one free withdrawal is only if you withdraw to a credit card

Prices seem to follow Betfair exactly & I'd say you'd need to do your backing on the blue side & laying on the pink side (rather than putting in bids/offers like I used to on Betfair) as liquidity isn't great

The commission rate just makes arbing a lot more lucrative.

A friend told me about them, they're not on oddschecker but are on Best Betting. Have never seen an advertisement nor a promotion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

They have very few market makers so some markets have no liquidity at all , they have some sort of bot linked to Betfair if you fill an order at Betfair the liquidity would pop up straight away on Smarkets .T

hey don't have best odds execution like Betfair , If I am arbing I use gruss refresh on Betfair , smarkets don't have a refresh button which is very annoying , so if you are laying at say 2.02 and between the time you lay the bet and submit it the lay price moves in to 1.98 or something your lay will still be taken at 2.02 , whereas on Betfair you would get the best price .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

they set up charges for depositing over 500

That's off the wall! :confused:

okidoki987 wrote: »
    they set up charges for depositing over 500

That's off the wall! :confused:

No charge for visa debit deposits

https://smarkets.com/faq#account_deposit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

I had a look at it. No multiple markets, so not for me at the moment.

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    I had a look at it. No multiple markets, so not for me at the moment.

You don't bet singles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

You don't bet singles?

I certainly do back both singles and multis.

But if I have €50 to load up from a Mastercard isn't it more logical to lodge it all to the site that offers both options?

• Advertisement

I bet where ever price is best tbh. Most bookmakers don't charge for deposits/withdrawals via Visa debit so easy to hop in & out

Advertisement