Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Firth's Animations

Options
  • 21-08-2012 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭

Most of you are probably familiar with "his early work" such as Burnt Face Man and Salad Fingers, etc. He's just posted a new animation on youtube today - it's in a different style (very successful and refreshing from the Flash aesthetic imo) but manages to retain that wonderfully grim and macabre humour - it reminds me of Terry Gilliam's Monty Python collage animations actually. The new piece is part of the excellent Sock series, and is best watched just before bedtime ;) Also, check out ptikobj and Drill Bit Head for more ambient horror by the man himself.

//Note: Contains graphic scenes and adult content - nsfw

So, what do you think of his work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

I really like it. A lot of his stuff is like a meandering nightmare, he has a great way of creating that eerie atmosphere with a touch of sadness about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Yeah it is very nightmarish - actually I think I read somewhere that the Sock series is based on his dreams? If I was having dreams like that I wouldn't fancy going to sleep at night :P

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Pawpad666

I love his stuff. This is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

I found it very hard to get to the end of that, I don't know why! It's very disturbing, I'm not even sure what it was I just watched :confused: I liked it though! What a weird set of feelings, think I might lie down for a while. :(

Advertisement