Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Juggling a Job and the Leaving Certificate?

• 21-08-2012 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am currently going into 6th year ( my leaving cert year) and I work part time in the town! I work nearly 20 hours a week! Would you recommended i keep the job on? (I really need the money, my parents don't have any) or quit now? Or is there someway I can balance both?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Are the hours mainly at the weekend or every evening?

If they are mainly weekend, then you could probably keep them on for a while. Every day and you'll soon fall behind with assignments, homework etc.

That said, there are people who hold down a full time job and do the Leaving by night, so it's doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aisling_123

spurious wrote: »
    Are the hours mainly at the weekend or every evening?

If they are mainly weekend, then you could probably keep them on for a while. Every day and you'll soon fall behind with assignments, homework etc.

That said, there are people who hold down a full time job and do the Leaving by night, so it's doable.

Yeah it's Wednesdays to Sundays I work after school! I'll see how I go for September anyways! May just look for a weekend job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I'd see no problem with it but maybe you should give it up around the time of the pres or maybe just after it. I definitely wouldn't advise doing it after May anyway. Good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

There is no problem working during the Leaving Cert as long as you give time too homework and study, and don't forget some extra time for a hobby! I really would advise doing a sport or some sort of hobby during the year, it is a really nice break from the stress of studying :)

Advertisement