Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Call out types - phonetic alphabet

• 19-08-2012 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

What do the different types of calls for emergency services mean?

For example an Alpha call or and Echo call etc. Are these just different levels of how urgent they are, or is it given to specific incidents. Like one might be car crash, another might be cardiac arrest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭angeline

No, it has nothing to do with the type of call. It is the name of a particular car in any sub district. It is the car they are calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Traffic corp callsign tangos

• Registered Users Posts: 34 drill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

What do the different types of calls for emergency services mean?

For example an Alpha call or and Echo call etc. Are these just different levels of how urgent they are, or is it given to specific incidents. Like one might be car crash, another might be cardiac arrest?

Garda calls don't work like that. Looking at the above it sounds like your scanning ambo frequencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Oh oh, has someone hacked tetra?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

kub wrote: »
    Oh oh, has someone hacked tetra?

Ambo isnt on Tetra yet

• Registered Users Posts: 34 drill

Hooch wrote: »
    Ambo isnt on Tetra yet

Kerry are using Tetra at least a year with the old regions of the East/Midlands/Northeast and south (cork) due to go live before year end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Eru wrote: »
    Garda calls don't work like that. Looking at the above it sounds like your scanning ambo frequencies.

Im not :) Although I have listened to the Gardai one several years back. I dont have even own a radio to listen to them. I ask this out of pure hearsay. Heard somebody discussing it and got curious. I'm sure nobody believes me but whatever, they can think what they want. I wouldnt lie to ye :D
    I suppose I should have clarified it was ambulance calls specifically I was looking for, but I wasnt sure if other ES operated similarly or not.
    drill wrote: »

Thanks, thats exactly what Im looking for. Its obvsiouly not a secret anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

Im not :) Although I have listened to the Gardai one several years back. I dont have even own a radio to listen to them. I ask this out of pure hearsay. Heard somebody discussing it and got curious. I'm sure nobody believes me but whatever, they can think what they want. I wouldnt lie to ye :D

I was not passing comment on your pastimes or you personally, just assumed that's why you were asking as you were hearing calls but didn't understand the jargon.

No offence intended

Advertisement