Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outright Accumulators 2012/13

Options
  • 07-07-2012 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

Anyone already started on a few of these? Thinking I might do e/w on Arsenal, Blackburn, Pompey and Fleetwood. Crazy odds returned!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

arsenal will let you down ;)

yeah looking forward to doing a couple of season long ones

gonna wait until nearer the time of kick off after transfers/teams/injuries erc are all confirmed.

im ragin i didnt get on blackburn to win the championship, last week i saw them for 22/1 but there now about 10/1 probably because there after bringing in some big signings in the last week.. good for chamionship players anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 25 budthewiser

Thinking of going really heavy on aguero for top scorer. Currently 8-1 with paddy power.each was is quarter the odds,paying to four. Smells like a Cert.
    Maybe a sneaky bet on chelsea each way,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Porto, Barca, man utd, PSG, Juventus, to win their leagues and Bolton and Sheff Utd to get promoted. €10 wins 3.5k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'll do a few and be careful when it comes to top scores after last season - Naismith for Rangers broke his leg in October which rather blew one accu! - look to pick a couple from each division and mix and match them a few times.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm going to do something similiar but not sure of Barca or Real. Or City or United. But that one is a heart decision so I'll be going United...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

I'm going to do something similiar but not sure of Barca or Real. Or City or United. But that one is a heart decision so I'll be going United...

Never gamble with the heart, golden rule.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Gone for two:

PSG
    Porto
    Bayern Munich
    Juve
    Chelsea Top 4
    Celtic
    Barca / Real Madrid

With Barca comes to 26.2/1
    With Real Madrid comes to 21.36/1

€25 on each and fingers crossed lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭QuantumP

Shinji Kagawa is 100/1 to be top goalscorer with Bet365. Definitely worth an e/w. Scored 19 in all comps last season (Not loads but he didn't have Valencia Nani Carrick Scholes Rooney Young to serve him).

By the looks of things he'll be playing in the hole or as a second, slightly deeper striker. He looked fantastic yesterday for Utd. Thank me in May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Can't see him finishing with more goals then Rooney/Aguero/Tevez (if he stays)/Torres/RVP/Bent/Cisse/Balotelli etc etc etc

25/1 to be in the top 4 may not be a bad price though I suppose, 13 league goals last season, 8 the season before seems to indicate he is getting better at scoring, but I think he will need to beat that this season, a minimum of 17 goals is what I would be looking for to have a good go at being in the top 4.

With it being his first season and with the level of uncertainty about how often he is going to be shunted out on the left wing I wouldn't go nuts on it, may have a small stake on it myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭QuantumP

8 the season before which he was injured for a large chunk of. He was involved in 25% of all of the German Champions goals last season via goal/assist. A less competitive league yeah but that's still an incredible statistic.

The only aspect of his game which has been criticised and United are going to rectify is his selflessness, when he needs to be more greedy in and around the box and go for goal instead of the assist. Which they will. Can he score 17+ this season? Absolutely.

You're right that there is a level of uncertainty of where he plays, I hope SAF doesn't misuse him and just sticks him in the hole for the season. I won't be lumping on myself but definitely good value for a few cuid e/w :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Blackburn (4/1), Swindon (3/1), Southend (3/1) and Luton (5/4). Gone for an early 'to be promoted' accum on all these. Came close last year only for Luton:o to let me down in the final. 5 returns 900 so its pretty optimistic:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 budthewiser

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Blackburn (4/1), Swindon (3/1), Southend (3/1) and Luton (5/4). Gone for an early 'to be promoted' accum on all these. Came close last year only for Luton:o to let me down in the final. 5 returns 900 so its pretty optimistic:pac:

Just followed you on this and got 11/4 on luton in shop with paddy power.

One more season accum (from reading the very good Racing Post review today)...

Fleetwood Town to be promoted @ 6/5
    Luton Town to be promoted @ 6/5 (This year:o)
    Sheffield United to be promoted @ 7/4
    Newcastle United (without big six) @ 13/5

5 returns around 240
    Have also had singles and double on Newcastle and Sheffield Utd as they seem great value.

Might look into goalscorers later and thats me set for the season:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anyone get the RP pull out today? Some great write ups.

I'm still waiting to see what happens with transfers over the two weeks before the season starts tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

I never back the premiership but my selections this year are

Championship - Birmingham

League 1 - MK Dons

League 2 - Southend

only have a tenner each way on it but it gives you an interest for most of the season anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Chelsea w/o Man Utd/City 8/11 (PP)
    Cardiff to be promoted 4/1 (PP)
    Sheffield Utd to be promoted 7/4 (PP)
    Torquey to be promoted 4/1 (PP)
    Luton to be promoted 5/4 (PP)
    PSG to win 1/3 (PP)
    PSV to win 9/4 (PP)

1157/1

€9.55 on the accum and .40c on fivefolds! Praying time!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭seklly

Here's my one for this season, i've taken some inspiration from here:

20t5nw4.jpg

The last leg is supposed to be 'To Be Promoted' but as it says 'To Be Supported' does that mean that if Halifax get at least one supporter to turn up I win?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

seklly wrote: »
    Here's my one for this season, i've taken some inspiration from here:

20t5nw4.jpg

The last leg is supposed to be 'To Be Promoted' but as it says 'To Be Supported' does that mean that if Halifax get at least one supporter to turn up I win?!!

Newcastle outright for what?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

QuantumP wrote: »
    8 the season before which he was injured for a large chunk of. He was involved in 25% of all of the German Champions goals last season via goal/assist. A less competitive league yeah but that's still an incredible statistic.

The only aspect of his game which has been criticised and United are going to rectify is his selflessness, when he needs to be more greedy in and around the box and go for goal instead of the assist. Which they will. Can he score 17+ this season? Absolutely.

You're right that there is a level of uncertainty of where he plays, I hope SAF doesn't misuse him and just sticks him in the hole for the season. I won't be lumping on myself but definitely good value for a few cuid e/w :)

United supporter?

• Advertisement

If its the same as my bet I'm assuming its win w/o top 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭seklly

Fowler87 wrote: »
    If its the same as my bet I'm assuming its win w/o top 6.

Correct, it's the same one as you Fowler87. Looks a decent shout without the top 6, they haven't lost any players as far as I know so should be there or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

lad i made a bet today. 4 team accumulator. 4 teams won but 2 won on pens AET. is it a winner?

When it says without the top 6, it means....

United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool? Pool seem an odd one to call a top 6 team now, tbh...

When it says without the top 6, it means....

United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool? Pool seem an odd one to call a top 6 team now, tbh...
    That's why it's such a good value bet as Everton and maybe Fulham are the only other contenders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

greenman09 wrote: »
    lad i made a bet today. 4 team accumulator. 4 teams won but 2 won on pens AET. is it a winner?

probably not, I assume you bet on them all to win in 90 minutes.

Going to put my money down on the outright winner accumulator today, but not sure what way to go with Germany. Are Munich a good bet or do people think it's better going with Dortmund?

I'll probably do one with Barca and one with Real....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Blackburn to get promoted @ 4/1
    Sheff Utd to get promoted @ 7/4
    Psv to win Eredivisie 9/4
    Chelsea w/o Manchester 8/11

Accum works out at 77/1, worth 10 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mcilroy

Going to put my money down on the outright winner accumulator today, but not sure what way to go with Germany. Are Munich a good bet or do people think it's better going with Dortmund?

I'll probably do one with Barca and one with Real....

I wouldn't touch the Bundesliga. I see a few have went for Munich. Based on what? Dortmund losing one player?

Dortmund at 7/4 is more tempting than Munich at 5/6 but wouldn't touch either.
    That Newcastle 5/2 without the top 6 looks a good bet. The local bookies here are counting Newcastle as a top 6 team and giving Liverpool as 8/13 without the top 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Mcilroy wrote: »
    The local bookies here are counting Newcastle as a top 6 team and giving Liverpool as 8/13 without the top 6.

Liverpool w/o the top 6 @ 8/13 is a really good bet Imo.
    I'd definitely put money on that. They look a different team under Rodgers and Borini and Allen look excellent signings. Sahin could join yet aswell.

Advertisement