Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bubbles

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

yes - he made challengemaster cry once using his awesome mastery of the internet (no joke)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I was only thinkin about Bubbles the other day, with the prank he played on that guy making him come into the city centre from Maynooth for promises of sex...Wish I still had those audio files, wouldn't have liked it to be me for definite but that doesn't make it less funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

After reading the Russian Wives thread, I dearly wish Bubbles was still on Boards.

The merry little prankster.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I just remember him from IRC, avoided for fear of ridicule.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The Master told me about him at TLL beers on Saturday.

Yes a definite legend. :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Bard wrote: »
    The correct URL is http://wiki.boards.ie/index.php/Bubbles

[edit: Ah, nerin beat me to it...]

He was a legend of the boards (not in a good way, but it doesn't have to be "good" to be a "legend" surely...) but clearly, looking at the poll results most "modern" non-"old skool" boardsies have no idea who he is...

...which is sad.

it is sad indeed, Bubbles is already a legend...he goes back to the beginning...ya know, the good old days...when boards was boards. *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I was only thinkin about Bubbles the other day, with the prank he played on that guy making him come into the city centre from Maynooth for promises of sex...Wish I still had those audio files, wouldn't have liked it to be me for definite but that doesn't make it less funny :D

"Teehehehehehhe" LOL i got that lying about on a disk somewhere, a classic.

Bubbles is a legend all right, I met him at a lan party once, bang on lad. got pissed many a time pranking folk on IRC with that lad. Good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Just reading through a zombie thread revived in Retro, seems he was so caustic that even his username was banned :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1070993&postcount=21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dogmax

We're forever blowing bubbles, Pretty bubbles in the air, They fly so high, Nearly reach the sky, Then like our dreams, They fade and die. Fortune's always hiding, We're looked everywhere, For we're forever blowing bubbles, Pretty bubbles in the air
    My Mother use to sing this song, now she was a Real Legend, my Father too ---- Bubbles, you're indeed a real ****ing LEGEND Good on ya Mate ;)

Spacedog wrote: »
    "Teehehehehehhe" LOL i got that lying about on a disk somewhere, a classic.

Bubbles is a legend all right, I met him at a lan party once, bang on lad. got pissed many a time pranking folk on IRC with that lad. Good times.

He was big fat troll, and no BS on the FAT bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Aquila wrote: »
    How do you know?

I knew him from school & college, that was his persona (bubbles) everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

i seem to remember some prank pulled on boards (more than 5 years ago anyways) about some guy driving from kildare to dublin in a taxi for a 'ride' off some lady boardsie and posting the msn text and phone calls afterwards...

was bubbles the prankster behind this?

i think the victim was mr.vestak or somethin like that, i actually think i may have the mp3 of the calls on an old HD...

or i could just be going mad :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 BlackBoy

he has got 532 friends :) ... how can someone block that famous person.

It sucks that I joined just too late to experience this Bubbles character.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

****er stole my q auth when i drunkenly boradcast it in #boards.ie back in the day.

My own fault, but still, he was a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

I once met this man called Bubbles. Seven feet tall he was, with arms like tree trunks, eyes like steel - cold, hard. Had a shock of hair, red like the fires of Hell...

He asked me for a set of DeVores jocks... A promise I agreed to, but as yet undelivered...

Advertisement