Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find bookie that will take Trixie bet for football

Options
  • 08-08-2012 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Am trying to put a Trixie bet on for the forthcoming soccer season. Basically it's the Premier league FA Cup and Champions League but most of the bookies won't allow it or have a fixed price which is so thin it's almost invisible.

I don't really buy the fact that it's a related bet either. I have got this done before a couple of times but it seems it's getting difficult to get it passed this time.

What comeback do I have if a bookie accepts the bet. Is there a retrospective law they can use or do they have to honour the bet.

If anyone knows of any bookie in the Dublin area that will take this (crazy) bet let me know.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭3DataModem

The results are related, so they won't take it. Ask a few smaller bookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

It's related.
    If a team is doing well in the PL, then they will probbaly be doing in well in the other competitions as well.
    No bookie will take a Trixie with their single prices for the same team.
    They will offer you a lower price to win the double(s) and a lower price again for the Treble.
    If a bookie takes the bet "in error", they will offer you the reducded odds that would have applied at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

I think plenty of small independents will take it,especially for the chance to have your money in their kitty on such a long term.

Mind you, most of these seem to be outside Dublin now.

Sounds like a Man City bet.;) can't see them pulling that one off personally.

Advertisement