Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mad Taxi Driver

• 07-08-2012 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭

Fair play to the lad for recording it...pretty much sums up the irish taxi industry,I wonder has she been done for driving using the phone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

To be fair to her, that guy had no address or anything just someones name.

That being said she was full of attitude I think she lost all patience on the "Go Kartin road".

Taxi drivers, the heart of Irish tourisim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Is that a man or a woman? Looks like my aunty.
    In fairness I'd be pissed if I was him/her too. The chap hasn't a clue where he's goin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

skinny90 wrote: »

Fair play to the lad for recording it...pretty much sums up the irish taxi industry,I wonder has she been done for driving using the phone

Yer man was an ignorant flute.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

AHCVPL

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭listermint

okay so the guy is an idiot and doesnt know where he wants to go and films it so the taxi driver is the one in the wrong?

Passenger is an as%%hole tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Is that a man or a woman? Looks like my aunty.
    Does that not answer your question? Coupled with the word 'lady' in the video's title

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

ah I don't think it's the whole industry but you do get your fair share of these gob****es all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭listermint

If i was the driver i would have f'kd him out long ago. he sounds like he is just on a jaunt to film the taxi driver and take the piss. his monotone northy accent is annoying as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

I don't see how it "sums up the Irish taxi industry"? I get at least one taxi each week and have had about 2 problems in the last year. Some belligerent mulla housewife likely moonlighting her husband's taxi in the arse end of nowhere is hardly representative of an entire industry.

Oh yeah: "Here we go again/:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: etc etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

phasers wrote: »
    Does that not answer your question? Coupled with the word 'lady' in the video's title

Aha, didn't even see that :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Guy holding phone : 'I paid for a service'

Taxi-driver : 'No you haven't. You haven't paid for it yet'

:pac:

What a tool! What was he recording her for? Because she didn't know the way to the place he didn't know the address of? He should have video-ed himself being a tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭haulagebasher

This was a piss take pure and simple. Why else would he have recorded it, only to post it in youtube.

If if it was genuine, I would be on the taxi drivers side when the pasenger doesn't even know where he's going, how is the driver supposed to bring them there. Sounds like a complete tool. "john o Boyle, John O'boyle". Having said that, she was a contrary aul bat all the same - probably why he targetted her for a troll to record her reaction to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

Why would the taxi driver even set off without knowing where they were going?
    The very first thing I've been asked getting into any taxi is "Where to?".

I suspect yer man started filming her because she was irate and swearing at who ever was ringing her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Well, she's hardly dealing with the situation too well, and while he isn't being all that helpful he isn't getting angry. I've never been to Ballina but a very quick googling found this golf course near North Corrimla so I do feel like she should have been able to find it without getting angry with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Idiot gets into a taxi not knowing where he's going and the driver is at fault ?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Idiot gets into a taxi not knowing where he's going and the driver is at fault ?

"Idiot", not from the area, giving her a place name? Yes, exactly that, she is at fault. You're supposed to know the area you are driving in as a driver. That's what the tests that drivers are supposed to sit are for. Failing that, she should be asking her base/consulting sat nav.

According to the youtube comments/google mapping by Ballina locals: The places he asked for all exist. She didn't know where they are. To boot she points and verbally abuses when he indicates that he's leaving. I severely doubt that he contrived the whole incident and video'd it for lols, hungover on most likely a Sunday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

babymanval wrote: »
    "Idiot", not from the area, giving her a place name? Yes, exactly that, she is at fault. You're supposed to know the area you are driving in as a driver. That's what the tests that drivers are supposed to sit are for. Failing that, she should be asking her base/consulting sat nav.

According to the youtube comments/google mapping by Ballina locals: The places he asked for all exist. She didn't know where they are. To boot she points and verbally abuses when he indicates that he's leaving. I severely doubt that he contrived the whole incident and video'd it for lols, hungover on most likely a Sunday morning.

The guy didnt even know how to pronounce the name of the area, all he knew was something about Johnny Boyles golf course. He hadnt a clue where he was going and they had clearly been driving for a while before they camera started. When told they had passed the golf course he muttered about it being the wrong one.

They are taxi drivers not sat navs, they take you where you want to go. You get into a taxi not knowing where you are going and expecting the driver to drive around all do until you find it then your an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

TBH

If the passenger couldn't furnish enough detail to where they wanted to go, and the taxi driver couldn't be sure, then they shouldn't have taken him in the first place.

I've had people get in and actually ask me ( I work N C Dublin ) "Do I know a newish estate with yellow houses" funnily enough I actually did find the estate they wanted but it took a fair bit of guesswork with the odd wrong steer, but they were happy and so was I when they paid without quibble

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I don't understand why when your man got in and she didn't know where he wanted to go that they didn't sort it out then.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Zab wrote: »
    Well, she's hardly dealing with the situation too well, and while he isn't being all that helpful he isn't getting angry. I've never been to Ballina but a very quick googling found this golf course near North Corrimla so I do feel like she should have been able to find it without getting angry with him.

That's where she brought him but he said it was the wrong place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    That's where she brought him but he said it was the wrong place.

he said it was the wrong place but he didn't know exactly where he was going ???:confused:???

Terrible passenger, driver can only do her best - despite being frustrated by some obvious clueless passenger !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭rameire

eh Elephant ---- Room
    shes on the fecking phone while driving.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Corkbah wrote: »
    he said it was the wrong place but he didn't know exactly where he was going ???:confused:???

Terrible passenger, driver can only do her best - despite being frustrated by some obvious clueless passenger !!

Yeah, terrible passenger. Driver doing her best would have been refusing to bring him in the first place and not just chancing her harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭wush06

How many phone calls did she answer again I don't think he was calling her. She could have got them both killed. But hey a lot of you are just more pissed that he did not know where he was going. I would be reporting her to the taxi regulator and police shocking driving.
    There could have been a whole Family in that taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

She was hateful and a dangerous driver to boot. Swearing everytime the phone rang and swearing at the passenger. And what taxi driver doesnt have a satnav or at least a map with them?

If I was that passenger I'd be on to the taxi regulator straight away. Nobody should be treated like that, especially by someone in the services industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

What good would a sat nav be if he didn't know where he was going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

rameire wrote: »
    eh Elephant ---- Room
    shes on the fecking phone while driving.

Thought taxi drivers are allowed use the phone while driving? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Taxi driver is in the wrong on so many levels:

Incredibly rude
    Talking on the phone
    Doesn't know the area (as the guy says, he's paying for a service)

For people on this horrible woman's side...would you use her taxi? I sure as hell wouldn't and I would not pay her a cent for the useless and offensive service she gives in the video

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Part of the test for getting a Psv license is knowledge of local area, street and place name's.Attitude of the driver is disgraceful,ignorant and give's a bad portrayal of Irish people in general. Shame on her.
    As my father used to say"if you were married to her,you'd never be late for work".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

The taxi driver is an idiot for a number of reasons. Firstly, if you don't know where your passanger is going, find out before you go rallying around looking for it with the meter running and also, he's going to a golf course driving range, there can't be too many of them around. Driver should have figured it out before he/she even took the fare, either by calling and seeing if he/she can find out where it is, or by getting the lad to call his mates and find out. If a taxi driver knew the night before, this one should know.

Also, on a side note, plenty of the lads sitting around taxi ranks, sipping coffee in Dublin complaining about the blacks and the Polish would do well to get down de cuntree, jayzus this fella / lady is turning down work like the nines and stressed up the arsehole with the amount of calls for fares he / she is getting!! :eek:

But in fairness, get a radio and get a sat nav.

Advertisement