Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nagios

Options
  • 24-07-2012 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for links to some good nagios resources,

I've never used it before but would like to get to know the application inside out! we have a small inhouse installation which monitors some essential servers and network resources but its really just used for email notifications etc.

I would like to push it up to a 42 inch screen and get a full NOC map displayed, I know this is basic enough, so am looking for some suggestions on what else people are using their nagios for.

Please be aware I'm a total noob here but very eager to get my head around it. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

There's a handy nagios add-on for firefox so you can be alerted from the browser!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

excellent will check this out, is there much setup on the server side to enable this..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

croo wrote: »
    There's a handy nagios add-on for firefox so you can be alerted from the browser!

It's called NagiosChecker.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

JJJJNR wrote: »
    excellent will check this out, is there much setup on the server side to enable this..
    The firefox addon? No.
    Or Nagios in General? To be honest I used it on one project but I didn't set it up... but to my knowledge it was fairly straight forward. We used it to monitor a network of 40+, linux based, ePOS terminals across the UK & Ireland. It was a couple of years ago but I believe we just ensured there was a connection from each store & that certain services were running; a webserver, a local postgresql database server & a JMS Service (MQ queue).

Advertisement