Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

bookie asking for passport number

Options
  • 19-07-2012 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭

When an online bookie is askin for passport number to verify my age what info can they get from it. More importantly can they get my name? I signed up wit a diff. Name to bet 365 and just wondering if I give my passport number to validate my age will they just cancel my bonus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Yep.
    They ask to see a copy of the passport to verify your identity, otherwise people would just sign up in different names and get the bonuses every time.
    If you have lodged money or are in credit, you may have problems getting it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mjp

Thats only if you have given your passport number previously to verify your account. if its the first time youve submitted your passport they wont have your passprt no on their system.

Think its a measure by them to combat people closing off accounts which get closed and opening accounts with different bank accounts or addresses cause i have done it with other firms but find bet365 the most difficult to around this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

mjp wrote: »
    Thats only if you have given your passport number previously to verify your account. if its the first time youve submitted your passport they wont have your passprt no on their system.

Think its a measure by them to combat people closing off accounts which get closed and opening accounts with different bank accounts or addresses cause i have done it with other firms but find bet365 the most difficult to around this.

I haven't given them my passport before so I should be ok even though name is diff. Had been tryin to take the 200 bonus money out through betfair but it seems that even when I try to loose I can't pick rite:-P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I signed up wit a diff. Name

I still think that's going to be a problem for you.

Advertisement