Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New betting Paper

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Euro 2012 final: Spain v Italy

June 30, 2012, Comments Off
    It's going to penalties in the Euro 2012 final Read More»

germany-130x90.jpg
    Euro 2012: Germany v Italy

June 27, 2012, Comments OffGermany can join Spain in the dream final of Euro Read More»

spain-130x90.jpg
    Euro 2012: Spain v Portugal

June 26, 2012, Comments OffIt should be goals galore in the battle of Iberia Read More»

Lets hope their tips get better than those on the football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Seeing how bad the racing post has gotten I welcome any new form of publication

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The price of the RP is also scandalous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Looks like it will be weekly and its only £1.00 in the UK so would'nt say it will
    be any more than €1.40 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

It will be interesting to see if it lasts. I remember a similar betting paper launched approx 10 years ago in competition to the racing post. I think it was called "The Sportsman", and I don't think it lasted a year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

The Sportsman didn't last long alright.

The RP is pretty much one big advert for bookmakers these days. The only good football tipster (The colossus that is Kevin Pullein) seems to have been relegated to a bit part role and replaced by idiots who'll recommend bets on every game including first goal scorers, double results etc

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It will be interesting to see if it lasts. I remember a similar betting paper launched approx 10 years ago in competition to the racing post. I think it was called "The Sportsman", and I don't think it lasted a year.

It was 2006 and your right I think it only lasted 6 months max.

used to buy it everyday. Was good read.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Yeah the sportsman was always a good read, the price of the racing post is a scandal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

The Racing and Football Outlook isn't a bad read (weekly).

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

wb wrote: »
    The Racing and Football Outlook isn't a bad read (weekly).

I get that the odd week. Much better then RP imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement