Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

1212223242527»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 perfectcard

Hi all, Just to let you know our Perfectcard online card will nolonger save you €6 per flight :( This seems to have come into effect from yesterday. We have no control over it, but the card will still work to book flights. Ryanair have brought out there own passport card and are now charging a fantastic €10 for it !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

They charge €10 for it but you get a €10 voucher to use towards a flight. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭loopymum

Any update of using Neteller again or is it a non-runner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

loopymum wrote: »

Only card that avoids the fees is now the ryanair prepaid card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭georgem25

loopymum wrote: »

Tried to use my card this week but the €12 charge was added :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

d@rk l0rd wrote: »
    They charge €10 for it but you get a €10 voucher to use towards a flight. :D

Can't find that anywhere.. any ref?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

Nice one thanks!
    Just ordered one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭loopymum

How much are people putting on the cards? Does it really take 24hours? I am hoping to pick up cheap tickets last minute during the summer. There are 5 of us

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

harryd2 wrote: »
    Nice one thanks!
    Just ordered one :)

Did you read all of the fees and the terms, minimum load amount etc?
    http://www.cashpassport.com/1/en-ie/Ryanair/About/Fees--Limits/
    I have visa electron and netteller cards over the years to avoid the fees, but doesn't look like this is worth it. It's game set and match to Ryanair.

It should now be illegal for them to quote the fares without the €6 booking fee.

It's no surprise that their passenger numbers are falling and Aer Lingus's are rising.

It's a real pity they have been allowed to build up a monopoly to many smaller destinations over the years with their sharp practices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Is it time, over 140,000 views and over 2 years later, for this particular "bargain alert" to be closed? :(

It's not illegal for them to not quote the €6 fee in the fare as there is the option not to pay it by having a Cash Passport. Aer Lingus also don't include the €6 fee in their fares.
    Yes there are fees but I find it excellent value. I fly Ryanair at least 4 times a month so have already saved a load by getting this card. I had to pay €10 for it but got a free €10 voucher with the card. And €3 to put €175 or more on the card isn't that excessive. MoneyBookers were charging something like 1.5 or 1.75% to put money onto my card which works out pretty much the same.

The important thing is to regularly check the balance and to make sure it never goes into negative balance, to use it at least once every 6 months (for anything) and to make sure there's enough money on it in January to cover the stamp duty - that's where a lot of people are going to get caught for charges! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Is it time, over 140,000 views and over 2 years later, for this particular "bargain alert" to be closed? :(
    Agree.

Maybe start a new thread giving the new 'only way' to avoid the booking charges as stated by this post:

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

And €3 to put €175 or more on the card isn't that excessive. MoneyBookers were charging something like 1.5 or 1.75% to put money onto my card which works out pretty much the same.
    The key point here is there is a minimum of €175 you have to put on, this might be handy for you with the amount of flights you take, but not for the vast majority that are only taking a few flights a year. If my flight is €70 why should I have to put €175 on the card and pay €3 for the privilege! BTW Neteller could have any amount of credit put on it for no charge, you chose to use MoneyBookers (at least there was a choice) and their fees. Visa Electron and the various shopping centre gift cards the same could also be used for free. None of the above cards had a government levy, so you need to spread the €5 over your flights per year (again makes less difference if you take lots of flights)

Spare me the good value spiel, I fly regularly and in many cases I have to use RyanAir because no-one else is flying to the same Airport. While they have a few low fares at some times, I've often paid €200 - €300 for a return flight with them. 6 years ago I got a few flights for less than €40 when flying to out of the way places in the off season and flying mid-week but it's far from the norm these days.

They increase the fees every year and reduce the services, and they distort flying times so they can be the "on time airline" .... it's easy to be on time when you always add 30mins to the normal flying time on your schedule ;-)
    I haven't been on a RyanAir flight that took off on time for years, but they always seem to arrive early.
    The important thing is to regularly check the balance and to make sure it never goes into negative balance, to use it at least once every 6 months (for anything) and to make sure there's enough money on it in January to cover the stamp duty - that's where a lot of people are going to get caught for charges!
    Indeed, so if you don't have the €5 there to cover the levy you'll need to add another €175 in credit and pay a €3 fee just to cover the €5 levy.

For the amount of hoops you need to jump through and fees you have to pay, it's hardly a bargain! And we all know that the fees on the card are only going to go one way.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

http://www.ryanair.com/ie/terms-and-conditions#regulations-tableoffees

Flights originating in UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany and Spain no longer qualify for no administration fee when paying with prepaid master card.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 finnharps09

see SwirlCard have launched bank account to card, you can load up to 2,500 in one go for € 5.99, seems to have a unique iban for each card as well available from your online account , looks good!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

see SwirlCard have launched bank account to card, you can load up to 2,500 in one go for € 5.99, seems to have a unique iban for each card as well available from your online account , looks good!
    Does this have any relevance to avoiding charges on Ryanair?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

(Slightly) off topic, but relevant.

Having finally given up with Entropay for Ryanair, and unwilling to pay the Ryr fees, I have been trying to get the balance off my Entropay virtual card (there seems to be some permanent problem with the plastic version).

I emailed them and was told to enter bank account details on their site where the money was to go and transfer the balance (less £1.50) to it and hey presto....

Eh, no, first they said I wasn't properly registered and they needed my passport details etc. I told them they already had them, and anyway I was leaving - oh sorry, go ahead, was the reply. Then they said I needed a SWIFT code (I had already given them the IBAN) for the receiving bank. Got that, but the online form says it is too short!!

So, beware.... I'll update here if I ever get my money back.

Mod, move this to another thread if it is more relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Has anyone on here ever tried using a UK billing address with one of these cards?

Advertisement