Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omega semaster chrono

Options
  • 09-07-2012 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

I am thinking of buying an omega semaster chrono, the price is good or so i believe. The watch is 1500 sterling, any opinions/problems, any input would be much appreciated. I can attach a link to the watch if that is ok.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

behan29 wrote: »
    I am thinking of buying an omega semaster chrono, the price is good or so i believe. The watch is 1500 sterling, any opinions/problems, any input would be much appreciated. I can attach a link to the watch if that is ok.

Picture or link would be great. Do you know what Model it is?

It sounds a little cheap , but that depends on a lot of things

Where you getting it from?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭behan29

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/omega-seamaster-professional-diver-chrono-*-new-2-months-old*-716319.html

Please find enclosed link, i emailed the gentleman and it sounds all above board.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i like it, a lot :)

He said 1400 sterling, tracking and insurance inclusive, so i am somewhat happy, all the bits look there so, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

does he have references?

• Advertisement

I didnt see any if references, he is selling a couple of watches, he seems genuine, he is dealing with paypal and i can see the receipt from ernst and jones. His price was 1500 sterling.

The same guys has put 4 watches up around the same time

I asked him about that, he is short of cash and needs if for a holiday, he said that if he sold one of them he may take some of the others off with him. do i have any comeback if i buy via paypal. im 100% certain that the watch he is selling is honest, ie i googled the jeweller and the numbers on the cards match the one on the omega website.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sunster

It's a very nice watch and I'm sure you've done your research in the watch front.
    I would however make sure you get some selling references from him. He's pretty much appears out of the blue on WUS (no other foums, not even tz-uk) and starts selling some very high end, pristine Omegas, all very new. Is he a dealor? Must be some holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Good advice below. Tread very carefully here. Make sure you get some kind of references. Has he an eBay account? Just because he has pics of receipt etc doesn't mean they're his pics. He could have lifted them from another listing on a different site.
    Personally I wouldn't deal with someone who has no previous feedback. Also, listing several watches at once, having only just joined the forum, would raise a red flag with me. It's a good price, but not an amazing one. If you decide to pass, another will come along before long.
    Good luck anyway, whatever you decide to do.

Sunster wrote: »
    It's a very nice watch and I'm sure you've done your research in the watch front.
    I would however make sure you get some selling references from him. He's pretty much appears out of the blue on WUS (no other foums, not even tz-uk) and starts selling some very high end, pristine Omegas, all very new. Is he a dealor? Must be some holiday!

• Advertisement

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Good advice below. Tread very carefully here. Make sure you get some kind of references. Has he an eBay account? Just because he has pics of receipt etc doesn't mean they're his pics. He could have lifted them from another listing on a different site.
    Personally I wouldn't deal with someone who has no previous feedback. Also, listing several watches at once, having only just joined the forum, would raise a red flag with me. It's a good price, but not an amazing one. If you decide to pass, another will come along before long.
    Good luck anyway, whatever you decide to do.

all good advice

I am looking at buying an IWC 3717-02 Spitfire, Jim in DC didn't have one

I found 2 on the bay - both look good. One guy is also selling and has sold other watches like a Cartier for 15K, the other is Lex Watches and they have their own website with address and phone numbers ,and its 100 cheaper

Another will come your way - Watchfinder have a 2005 one for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I didnt see any if references, he is selling a couple of watches, he seems genuine, he is dealing with paypal and i can see the receipt from ernst and jones. His price was 1500 sterling.

Ernest Jones in Bristol recently lost Omega AD status and remaindered their stock. Quite possibly the seller got a bargain and may not be selling at a loss.

Thank you all for your advice, he said that he got a large discount on the watch, i see that he bought another watch in a short period of time. He said he got a 25% discount hence the price, i doubt he is losing a whole lot. I checked on the forum and he has made a few posts and he seems to know a bit about omega, i m going to email him and see what he says. Thanks for looking on watchfinder, i had looked there also but that is outside my budget, i was initially going to buy a steinhart, but couldn't get hold of the black sea. I can only afford to buy an omega as i paid too much tax in the U.K and getting a refund!! Im glad my mother in law is such a good accountant!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

I don't understand why you would ask for advice and then ignore it all - a lot of knowledgeable people have posted in your thread, yet you seem insistant that you want to buy from him - there is a chance, he's telling you a crock of sh1t you know? - it is the internet where all is not what it seems, and he could make up anything!

It's equally likely that you'll be fine of course, there are ways of minimising risk when purchasing on the Interweb - asking the seller questions and blindly believing his answers is not one of them

Good luck though.

I took on the advice I was given as I have seen how a member of this forum got stung, I haven't parted with a cent and I would much rather deal through this forum rather than a unknown. All the issues that people have mentioned to me on this forum I have relayed to the seller and await a reply. If I cant come to a compromise then I can easily walk away. I am grateful to this forum as issues I would never of thought of were raised, for which I am very very grateful. If a deal is to good to be true then it cant be true.

Hi

As mentioned it may be fine...I got stung but luckily got my cash back

There are some very good sites to buy from

Depending on what you want, you can get a great Omega Seamaster Full Size Quartz 2221.80.00 ,2009 model on TZ-uk.com,its 900 pounds...yes its a quartz but still a fab watch.

TZ is a great site and great reputation. Alot of folks on here are members and have bought and sold on the site.

its also a great place to get information, ask questions and buy and sell.

We are always open to questions, but its only our opinion.

Mainly people are just trying to help stop making possible mistakes and losing a lot of cash.

I for one have benefited from the advice here.

Thanks deep thought, i saw how you were stung, hence my fear, i think with tz you need to make x amount of comments before you can enter the buying circle. The advice given has been much appreciated, the gentleman in question has now put one of his watches on ebay. I know this is a stupid question, but if I pay via paypay using my credit card, do I have any comeback if he sends me over a shoe!! I dont used ebay etc and I have bought off of adverts to good effect. I am a avid fan of watches and this would be my holy grail as such.

Hi

You are certainly covered by Paypal and even Ebay Byuer Protection if they have it

I have always when dealing with something of value - email the seller advising them that once i receive it, I am going to an AD to get it authenticated and if there are issues I will be coming back looking for refund.

they usually then are happy to refund or agree to cancel the purchase

It took me a while to get the cash back and am now looking out for something else

there is also a guy in the US who does great deals and get great discounts. Many of the lads here dealt with him as have I.

You could email him and ask what he can do for you

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sunster

Thanks deep thought, i saw how you were stung, hence my fear, i think with tz you need to make x amount of comments before you can enter the buying circle. The advice given has been much appreciated, the gentleman in question has now put one of his watches on ebay. I know this is a stupid question, but if I pay via paypay using my credit card, do I have any comeback if he sends me over a shoe!! I dont used ebay etc and I have bought off of adverts to good effect. I am a avid fan of watches and this would be my holy grail as such.

If you are into watches, its an excellent forum to be a part of and the numbers of comments rack up pretty quick. I'm a member of 4 forums and scarily have way too many posts in them all...its all part of the fun

I took on the advice I was given as I have seen how a member of this forum got stung, I haven't parted with a cent and I would much rather deal through this forum rather than a unknown. All the issues that people have mentioned to me on this forum I have relayed to the seller and await a reply. If I cant come to a compromise then I can easily walk away. I am grateful to this forum as issues I would never of thought of were raised, for which I am very very grateful. If a deal is to good to be true then it cant be true.

Sorry - didn't mean to come across so harsh - it just seemed that you were so tempted to buy it, that you were trying to convince yourself all would be ok!

The guys here are a lot more experienced than me, so i'd go with what they reckon, and you only need 50 posts to see the watches for sale on TZ, you can then PM the seller directly

Anyhoo - best of luck - it is a nice watch

• Advertisement

Thanks paddy, the advice was firm and very fair, the voice of reason(wife) put an end to that also!!!

Maybe some of the guys know something about Watchdeal.de?

i've seen it mentioned on TZ, without ever getting a definitive answer

however if anyone knows them to be legit they have a new one for €2260 and as it's germany no issues with VAT/Duty

http://watchdeal.de/manufacturer-a-z/Omega/-Seamaster-Diver-Chronograph-2225-80-00-inc-VAT-B-P::343.html

Might be an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bawnBeag

Hey, I this is 10 years on....but just wondering if you ever bought from watchdeal.de and how was it?

Nope never did - ended up buying in B&M shop in Dublin

Advertisement