Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about Materials and architectural technology education course

Options
  • 11-07-2012 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

So I'm thinking about becoming a woodwork/DCG/TG/Construction teacher. They're are two colleges which offer this course. Letterfrack GMIT and UL.
    Which do ye think would be better?
    Whats Ul like? Night life? Whats this course like? Any help in any way is much appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'd definitely go for the Limerick one over the Letterfrack one, one reason being you're better qualified, can't teach Technology with the Letterfrack course. Points are higher though.

I'm entering 2nd year of the course. Workload can be heavy and there is a reasonably busy week (26 hours for me at the moment) but if you have an interest in the course you'll get on well. Having experience with woodwork isn't necessary but recommended otherwise you'll find the first semester tough practical-wise. You'll get two bouts of teaching practice, one in 2nd year and one in 4th. If you have any particular questions, shoot.

As far as a social life is concerned you'll have no worries in Limerick no matter what you're into. There's clubs, pubs, music venues, and everything in between, both on campus and off. Definitely get involved in some clubs and societies too if you can, it's the best way to get to know new people and cheap to get involved with.

Advertisement