Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heard vacant got shut down today,is it true?

Options
  • 07-07-2012 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭

Heard vacant got shut down today and just wondering if its true or is it just another rumour?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

There was a massive fire right there in that area, might have been evacuated, wouldn't be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭chris20

YEah heard about that,ya could be right with it but I heard that the gates got locked for another reason.could just be rumour though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

chris20 wrote: »
    YEah heard about that,ya could be right with it but I heard that the gates got locked for another reason.could just be rumour though
    I passed it thursday and it was open but thursday evening the cement factory caught fire so maybe thete was some damage to them but it seems as if it is far enough away from the fire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

Closed for the weekend. Check Facebook page for updates. the fire was in the building next door and will know more on Monday ir Tuesday when it can re-open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭chris20

just heard from a few people that nama have taken the building

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I doubt it's shut down. it closed doors for the weekend due to safety reasons with the fire a couple of days ago along that road, but not shut down AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Rumours rumours rumours.

Has anyone from the actual site declared anything?

Assuming the site owners didnt own the land, and were simply renting, this is pretty poor to hear.

NAMA are a sham organisation and will most likely not let the owners continue to use the site, and any allowance will be at extortionate pricing.

Its typical Irish department mentality, instead of realising the opporunity to generate some revenue from a completely desolate building they won't realise the opportunity.

Recently played Palmerstown golf course which is now NAMA owned, was one of the best courses in Europe until NAMA took over and have let it rot into the ground.

There is genuinely not a ****ing braincell accross financial sectors of our government...

Advertisement